Chapter 26

The party had been a success, according to those who had been invited.

For Luca, it was a relief to have that behind them, having his mate in the middle of so many people had been a very stressful situation for him and his wolf.

Now that she was back in their home, he felt a measure of peace, here he had control on who surrounded them.

They had received plenty of well wishes, visitors and presents from various people across the country.

The Steele pack members were elated, now they had future heirs for the pack.

Life continued as normal or as normal as it could be.

Everyone was protective of Jade, she was never allowed to lift a finger, which she did not mind as her pregnancy progressed.

Luca made sure to delegate his work, wanting to spend every possible moment with his mate. Often, he would have her in his home office, within sight, helping with menial paper work, though he made sure she didn't overdo it.

Preparations were made for the arrival of the pups, the nursery was prepared, the walls colored a light yellow, the furniture a dark color, the decoration a mixture of whites and yellows, since nobody knew what Jade was having.

She wanted it to be a surprise, much to Luca's frustration, he was super curious to know what they were having, but not wanting to upset her, he submitted to her wishes and grudgingly accepted that he would know on the day that they were born.

Also, Luca could not get over the fact of his mate's ever-increasing waistline, he was fascinated as he watched her body change, his lust and desire for his mate increasing with every day.

He always looked forward to any opportunity to be alone with his mate, stripping her naked and kissing every part of her body, making sweet love to her, telling her repeatedly, how beautiful she was and how much he loved her.

Almost everyone teased him, calling him a horny wolf, what they didn't know, was that Jade was just as horny as her mate, her hormones running haywire with the pregnancy.

His father said that this was a normal reaction that things would eventually pan out, when the pups were finally born. The same thing happened to him, when his mate was pregnant with Luca and Mara. Everyone who had kids agreed, stating that it was an actual fact.

Luca only scoffed at the idea, he would always be like this towards his mate, she was a gift he never thought he would have again, daring anyone to think otherwise.

And as the days neared for the pups to be born, everyone was alert and highly attentive.

The doctor had all the necessary measurements in place, being given a room to deliver the pups, his staff was on hand for any emergency.

The protection detail made sure that the family was well protected, during this vulnerable period.

The pack waited patiently and anxiously, for the news that all was well.

And in the earlyhours of one morning, the contractions began and her water broke, makingeveryone spring into action, ready to deliver the next generation of Steelechildren.