Chapter 22

The days following, Luca hovered protectively around Jade, much to her frustration and to the amusement of the others.

Marcus could not stop teasing Luca, much to everyone's annoyance, though secretly Jade enjoyed the interaction, lightening the mood around the house.

Even the Beta couple's two little kids and Alexia's little child, brought laughter and fun to the house, their constant chattering and giggles, lifting anyone's sour mood.

The women that surrounded them currently, were just as protective with her and making sure that she didn't lift a finger. There was Carina, Luca's mother, Alexia, his sister and Mara, Marcus's mate.

Dan, her father, was the same as Luca, constantly hovering around, he had decided to stay at Luca's pack for the time being, instead of returning to his own pack a few miles away.

The only person in the household that she could find sanctuary and a bit of sanity was with Theo, Luca's father.

He remained the steadfast pillar in her insane world, always there when she needed a moment of peace and quiet, though he had explained to her in a calm tone, it was only natural for everyone to be so protective.

With Luca, it was because she was his precious mate and carrying his pups, something that no-one thought he would have after the betrayal of his first mate.

Going on to explain to her what had happened in Luca's past. Assuring her, that what Luca felt for her was ten times more than he ever felt for his first mate, something else that everyone around them had noticed, from the first moment he brought her home that day, almost two weeks ago.

Jade hadn't been overly worried about his past relationship, he had already explained in detail what had happened and why he had become so distant and unaware of his surroundings.

As for the rest, it was because too them, she was someone special, bringing light back into their lives. Their Alpha was now back to his strong happy self and not forgetting that, she was bestowing three little pups upon their family, bringing with her the hope and future they always wished Luca would have.

And with the guidance of everyone, she was learning her place as the new Luna of Steele pack.

The women were planning the party to introduce her to the pack, nobody yet knew that their Alpha had found his mate or that she was pregnant.

Luca wanted to make sure that all contingency plans were put in place, before he announced the good news to his pack.

As for the change...Jade felt stronger and healthier and her senses were now highly in-tuned. She was able to communicate with her wolf and she learned to mind-link with everyone, at first it had been a shock to hear all the different voices in her head, but with the help of her mate, she was able to block them out.

But the best gifts of all, was the connection she felt with Luca, she could feel the love and adoration he had for her.

And the ability to hear the little heartbeats of their children, it was no surprise to everyone to see the pair constantly cuddled in a quiet corner. Both of their hands on her growing belly, a tender smile on Luca's face, as he nuzzled the crook of her neck or the serene smile Jade had whenever she was lovingly cocooned in the warm embrace of her mate.

Alexia, his sister, would discreetly take photos, keeping them as mementos for the newly happy couple.

Jade had also been reminded, that werewolf pregnancy only lasted five months and because she was carrying triplets, her stomach was growing at a fast pace, much too Luca's fascination and wonder, constantly needing to touch her growing belly, awe on his face, as he felt his pups move around in her womb.

The trusted doctor had become a regular visitor, checking up on Jade's health and making sure that she did not overdo anything, hence the protectiveness of everyone around her...