Chapter 12

While Jade showered, Luca phoned his best friend and Beta, "It's about time you came back to the living." Was the first thing that Marcus spoke, the moment the line connected, "I am assuming that Jade is the expecting mother."

Luca laughed, "You are correct..." He replied back amusingly.

"Then congratulations are in order, it seems that your lapse of judgment, had a positive outcome, Jade will be a great Luna." Marcus spoke, his tone filled with happiness for his friend and Alpha.

"There is only one slight problem." Luca spoke warily, a frown on his face.

"Oh and what is that?" Marcus queried.

"I haven't told her about us yet." He stated.

"You have to do it soon, the longer you wait, the higher the risk is to change her into a werewolf." Marcus commented seriously, "And she is at a high risk of losing her life or the life of your pup, if she remains human."

"I know..." He sighed out tiredly, rubbing his temple, a headache forming, "That is why I am calling you, I have convinced her to come down to the countryside. I need those I trust to help me in telling her the truth, to convince her that it's for the best...especially now."

Sensing there was more, hearing the urgency in Luca's voice, "Is there a problem?" He queried worriedly.

Luca paced the room, glancing at the bathroom's shut door, hearing the shower still running, raking a hand through his hair, "She is pregnant with three pups...!" He blurted out, his body trembling with nerves.

"Shit...Are you sure?" Marcus exclaimed, swearing under his breath, this was huge news.

"Yes...!" He growled out, "She is fucking pregnant with triplets."

"Again...shit!" Marcus replied, shock in his voice, "You don't just fuck up in small doses, you fuck up in a nuclear explosion. You sure hit the mother lode on this one, hitting pay dirt, going for broke, getting your ducks in a row, making up for lost time..."

"Well thank you for that..." Luca interrupted his friend sarcastically, "Now do you understand the importance and urgency."

"Wait until Mara or the rest of your family hears about this." Marcus continued his ranting, unable to stop himself, "They are going to hit the roof with excitement. Shit...they just might throw a presidential ball in her favor."

"Could you just focus for a moment!" He growled out angrily, "I still have to tell her the truth and hope she accepts the bond."

"True..." Marcus replied solemnly, "But, Jade is a logical person, I am sure that she will accept facts given to her and she is quite good friends with my mate, Mara, so that should help your situation."

Luca sighed, rubbing his eyes, "I hope so, make sure that only a trusted few are aware of the fact and make sure that Simone is out of the picture, until Jade accepts the change and is strong, Simone or anyone else that has a grudge will be a threat to my mate and pups." He ordered and warned his friend.

"Got it..." Marcus replied, "I'll make sure that she has only the best protective detail guarding her and will only inform those who we trust of the situation."

"Good, we will beleaving shortly, after she has showered and had breakfast." Luca informed him,saying his goodbyes after making final arrangements.