59. A Perfect Plan

Start from the beginning

"Hello, David. Welcome back home." I smiled once Emma's father picked up.

"Thank you, son. How's my little girl doing?" He asked.

"She's doing great. Uhm, sir? If it was possible, I wanted to meet you today?" I asked nervously.

"Of course, come over at any time. I'll send you the address." He said welcomingly.

"Thank you, how about in two hours?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sure, son. Will Emma be joining us?" He asked.

"No, well.. I wanted for us to talk first and if everything went as planned, we'll tell her all about it." I stated, taping my fingers on the kitchen counter.

"Alright. We'll be waiting for you." He said.

"Thank you. Have a good day." I smiled, ending the call before starting yet another.

"Deanie!" My mom's voice beamed through the phone.

"Hey, Ma. Where are you?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm home with your aunt. Everything alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Listen, could you take Emma shopping, say in an hour?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Of course, Lizzy and Alex are already going to the mall in a few, we could join them. But why? Are you two fighting?" She asked in worry and I couldn't help but smile.

"No, we're good. I'll fill you in later, I promise. Just don't tell her I set you up for this, okay?"

"Alright, sweetheart. I'll call her."

"Thanks, mom. Bye." I ended the call then dialed dad.

Just one more phone call.

"Hey, pops." I greeted once he picked up.

"If you don't show your ass here tomorrow, I'm going to fire you, that's for sure." He teased.

"I'm sorry, Emma and I got stuck fixing this issue for Drake. I'll tell you all about it later. Hey, listen. Can I pass by now? I need to talk to you urgently." I looked at my watch.

"Is something wrong?" He instantly asked and I sighed.

"No, everything is perfect." I smiled.

"Well, sure, but hurry, I have a meeting with Sean in about an hour." He stated.

"Alright, I'll be there in fifteen." I announced before hanging up.

If this goes as I'm planning, tonight is going to be perfect.

I walked back into the living room to find an amused Drake and Emma ending a call.

Must be mom.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What took you so long?" She narrowed her eyes at me.