New place

Our new place in Detroit looked pretty good actually. For a family of four, we found it big enough. The neighborhood was nice and peaceful. The backyard had itself exposed to a lake. I've always had a thing for lakes, i don't know why. They give off that creepy, mysterious yet peaceful kind of vibe which suits me perfectly. moreover this one had a dark and calming appearance. To top it all there was this tree by the lake-side which had a swing hanging from it. I didn't know how it could get any better. The moment I saw this place I knew that I was going to be spending more time here than any of the rooms in the house.

Coming to rooms, I took the one with the view of the lake. Surprisingly enough my elder brother Leo, did not fight me for it. Now that was a first because usually, whatever i like he likes too. Later i came to know that the room he chose was bigger than mine hence i understood why he did not fight.

Our new house was great, but there was something about it that seemed off. It felt like this house had some kind of history attached to it. As if something bad had happened here. I guess that was just me, because i have this habit of over-thinking things.

"Leo... Leanne... dinner's ready..." that was mom, since we were just moving, i figured that it was going to be takeouts from restaurants for dinner, a break from all the healthy greenery on my plate. I walked down the stairs to find that i was not disappointed, and we were having Chinese for dinner.

when i saw Leo getting out of his room i raced him to the table and on reaching first i said, "Leo reached last, his turn to say the prayer...." apparently it was our family tradition that whoever reaches the table last would say the prayer. " I hate you" Leo scorned at me, "well, tell something i don't know..." Dad stopped us saying," Leo, just say the prayer and get it over with, we're all hungry and tired."

"Hey, mom did you check out the lake outside.. its so cool" I asked.
"Yes, I did, perfect place for you isn't it sweety?"
then my brother interrupted as always,"Dark and Freaky, just like you.."
"Leo..." mom and dad said in chorus.
"Its okay guys, i know that whatever he says, he can't live without me...."
to that my brother smiled faintly and did not object.

After dinner we all went to our rooms to rest. i checked up on Leo before going to bed, "You gonna be okay?" I know that he is supposed to be the protective one considering he is elder, but he had a hard time fitting in, in a new place.
"Yeah i'm good.."as i turned to go he said, "Hey Leah... are you really sleepy?" 

I guessed that he wanted to talk and replied, "not really.." I sat beside him, and asked, "what's wrong bro?"

"Nothing.. i'm just not sure about this whole thing" he said.

"hey it'll be alright don't worry," I assured.

"yeah..." he murmured.

"Hey, don't worry in no time at all you're gonna have a zillion new friends to chat with and then you won't need me.." I jested.

"I'll always need you little sis," he said hugging me. 

"Alright, you should know that i lied when i said i'm not really sleepy... i really need to crash so goodnight.... " I said, getting up to leave.

"Okay goodnight.." he said.

"trust me everything's gonna be just fine..." I assured him yet again.

"If you say so sis..."