✧ chapter twenty-two ✧

Start from the beginning

I widen my eyes, seeing Byron staring at me as he's seated next to a brown haired guy. I believe that's Liam. Threatened, I spun back around quickly and look back over at my brother.

"What the fuck am I suppose to do!" I snap, worried.

"I just want you to be safe. I know this is only school but they aren't good people." Noah states. "At the moment we have to discuss what must be done."

"Tonight I want you to go with Harry out of the house. We have a lot of people coming over for this meeting you can't be around. I'm sorry." I allow my jaw to drop and I look at Harry.

He watches me with a monotone expression. "Why? I'm fine by myself..." I drag, annoyed by the situation.

"What's the problem? Don't you wanna spend some quality time with a friend?" Harry teases with another smirk. I roll my eyes at him and pull a face at him.

"Please Ari..." Noah pleads, I avert my gaze back to Harry. I analyse him for a moment, squinting my eyes in the process. He raised his eyebrows at me and tilted his head, awaiting my response with a devilish look.

"Fine." I pout. "As long as he behaves himself." I gesture to an amused Harry.

"Thank you." Noah sighs in relief. "Now go be with your friends, and try and keep this between us okay?" I nod and stand up with my stuff, walking over to the table with the girls. Once I approached the table I placed my stuff down again and flopped into the seat, holding my head in my hands with a huff.

"What was that all about?" Amelia chimes in. I lift my head up to meet everyone's anticipating gazes. I drop my arms and fold them close to me.

"Just a lot of shit..." I drag out, breathing out so harshly that my lips vibrated. "I'm not suppose to talk about it though, don't want to get in trouble."

I turn around quickly to look over at the boy's table. Harry still continues to watch me as he unscrews the lid of his water bottle and takes a few gulps. His jaw clenched, unveiling its extreme definition. I watched his Adam's apple bop up and down as the water traveled down his throat. After acknowledging my complete infatuation with such a normal task I look back up to his face, his dark green eyes still glued to mine from afar. He was clearly satisfied with my staring and I decided that's enough, quickly spinning back around and averting my attention to the girls again.

They too seemed completely infatuated with Harry. I rolled my eyes and rested my head in my hand with a sigh. "As I said earlier." Nova began. "If he wants you know I'd take an opportunity to get a piece of that three course meal." A chorus of breathless 'yeahs' radiated from the other girls. I chuckle at them, trying to regain their attention.

"You guys are ridiculous." I laugh at them, secretly blushing at thoughts of Harry and I but quickly brushing them off. I couldn't bring myself to hurt any more with that boy.

"You literally live in the same house across the hall from him and you haven't done anything? Any female or gay man in this room would kill to have that kind of proximity." Cori questions. I shrug my shoulders hesitantly, because inside images of him kissing me flooded my thoughts.

"Hold on a second..." Nova trails. "Something has happened, hasn't it?"

I widen my eyes. "What? No." I reply quickly, maybe too quickly. I smile sheepishly as they all give me a look, awaiting my revelation.

"No, nothing has happened between us." I breathe out in a lie. Although these girls were some new found friends I don't feel like spilling every aspect of my life to them. I've said enough already.

"Okay..." Amelia replies questionably, "Just remember- secrecy is key."

Much later in the day after I had gotten home from school and helped myself to an afternoon snack I was up in my room. I know Noah, Seth and Harry were currently doing the recruitment for the frat. Apparently we have more rooms to spare and 40 guys isn't enough...