✧ chapter eighteen ✧

School

My classes at school were basic, introductory type lessons.

Nova and I hit it off- surprisingly, spending time with each over in the classes I had with her for the day. I was too nervous to make a few more friends in other classes yet.

I had a break between my lectures and Nova and I decided to go to the food court. "Ugh would you look at her. Already intermingling with the jocks. Are we surprised?" Nova rolls her eyes shooting a glare towards Luna. She was sitting with the group of jocks, some of which I recognised from the Frat... Jacob, Daniel, Miles... after noticing us staring, Miles gestures a small wave in my direction as I smile awkwardly and wave back.

"How do you know him?" Nova asks, raising an eyebrow. I decided not to bring up anything about where I'm currently living. I didn't really want to have to explain it to her yet and also nothing was brought up in conversation. If I just told her it would come off as bragging. "Long story." I dismiss her and we grab some food.

"Long enough for it not to be explained here during our break?" She questions, frowning. I sigh and scan my eyes around the cafeteria. Again, I noticed a few familiar faces hanging around from the Frat house but no one who really caught my eye.

"Maybe another day then hey?" She chuckles lightly. I breathe out unobtrusively, wasn't really in the mood for that conversation. "Some friends I knew from school are sitting over there. Come with?" She asks. I nod along and follow closely behind her.

We near the group of three. A brunette girl and two black haired. "Hey girls. This is Ariana. Ari this is Amelia, Leela and Cori. These are my friends from school."

The three girls waved kindly and offered for us to sit down. Amelia- the brunette, leans into the middle of the table to whisper something to all of us. "Did you hear? Luna is pissed!" She cackles, covering her mouth as her face scrunched up in pleasure.

"What happened?" I ask, Amelia's hazel eyes lock with mine as she smirks to us.

"Rumour has it that the guy she's crazy in love with is into someone else, she's pissed." We turn and look over at her. I notice Louis has joined the group, happily eating a meat pie and scowling at Luna's presence.

"Who was she in love with?" I ask, praying my lack of social experience with the school hierarchy doesn't make me look dumb.

"Zayn."

I allow my jaw to drop and my hand to cover my mouth in shock, before letting out a giggle. "Him?" I speak up. "What's so amazing about that horny asshole." I roll my eyes.

The three shrug, expect Cori. "Well I mean he's drop dead gorgeous, a heart-melting Zaddy if I've ever seen one." She answers. Not on the inside... my subconscious adds.

"Ladies I wasn't done." Amelia playfully rolls her eyes and taps our forearms to shut us up. "Rumour also has it that she's gonna get with someone else she fancies to make him jealous."

"That's childish." I frown and lean back in my chair. Folding my arms.

"That's Luna." Nova rolls her eyes. I still didn't understand the deal with Luna. She still hadn't shown any sign of bitchiness to me, but maybe time would tell.

All of a sudden, the girls stiffen up as I feel the presence of another person on the seat next to me. By the sound of the person's plate and stepping, I doubted they were female. I turn and look at the person, rolling my eyes and sighing.

"Hey Niall." I say, chuckling imperceptibly. He smiles back and scoops a handful of fries into his mouth.

"Hey Ari, I see you've made friends. How is everyone?" He turns to the four girls as they blink at his presence.

"Okay nice. Well Noah will be happy to find you're settling in nicely. If you ever need us, we are in the middle on that table there." He points towards the middle of the room. I follow his gesture and stiffen up after seeing who had taken place on the table. None other then curly fry himself... and a girl I remembered that Noah introduced me to at the party when I was clearly not interested. What was her name again? Oh yeah, Penny.

"Bye!" Niall smiles and looks at everyone before standing up and walking back over to the table. I sigh quietly to myself and look up to see that everyone at the table was staring at me, shocked.

"What..?" I scrunch my eyebrows and cower back slightly, confused as to what I did.

"Okay you really need to spill." Nova claps her hands together and spins in her chair next to me to get closer. I confusingly look at the girls and scratch my temple nervously.

Leela shakes her head at me, still dumbstruck. "How do you know all these guys- seniors let alone!" She speaks up for everyone.

The realisation hits me and I pucker my lips, questioning whether it was a good idea to tell the truth. I exhale imperceptibly and take a quick moment to gather myself. "Okay." I say, "But you have to pinky promise you won't say or tell anyone."

They nod hesitantly, however eager for me to continue. I held out my pinky to every girl and they all willingly made the promise. Amelia however shook her hand when we made the promise. I pointed at her, "Hey! Shake it you break it." I laugh, she chuckles and rolls her eyes, redoing the pinky promise.

Once everyone had made the pinky promise I finally started talking.

"Well, my brother is Noah and we are both from Australia. I was going to get accommodation but my brother wouldn't let me. So now I'm living in the Kappa Sigma Gamma frat house with all the boys." I let out a breath after talking with little breaks. The girls stare at me, stunned.

"So that means you live with Harry and Zayn?" Leela speaks up after finally closing her gasping mouth.

I nod, rolling my eyes. "I'm across the hall from Harry- not fun. And Zayn is a whole another story, will tell you later."

"So when are we coming over." Cori chuckles and looks between everyone.

"Literally whenever you want. I need a bit more oestrogen in my life at the moment." I rub my neck and smile sheepishly.

"Cool so this afternoon?" Nova tells me. "Sounds great."

I nodded, I didn't really mind the girls coming over but of course I was nervous. Not just for the situation, but for them.

Long time no update. Sorry! I'll try and post chapters weekly from now on.

Also, if any of you were wondering- my personal Instagram is @natashahynoski , if you wanted to keep updated on my everyday life!

Lots of love

Tash xx