Enemy Love (Chap.18)

Chapter 18

Isidore

            I pushed myself through all of the vines and tree branches, not even caring about trying to be quiet, just wanting to get away from where I was. I hadn't realized that I had hurt her that much, and I couldn't stand that thought. I had felt the hatred that she had felt towards me, but I could also feel the hurt that she was trying to hide by practically shoving her anger into my face, but it hadn't worked – not at first at least. I know that I had caught her off guard, which is what I was planning on doing, but I didn't think she would react in that was. 

As I reached the end of her boarder, I leaned against a tree and sighed. She didn't hate Quinn, at least not much. But she only 'hated' him for stupid reasons, like she felt that he hadn't tried hard enough to see Ileana and make her happy, but she didn't know how hard he had actually been trying. Honestly, I couldn't even understand, mostly because I was to worried about winning Isis back that I hadn't really done much else – minus having to drag Chrystal around with me everywhere. Not that I had a plan on getting her back anyway, but I just wanted to at least give something a shot, I couldn't just sit here and do nothing.

Dammit, what the hell is taking Quinn so god damned long? I thought while sinking down to the forest floor, my back against the ground. Probably the scariest part of the last twenty minutes had to be when Isis got super pissed at me and used so much of her power against me. Quinn had told me that she had our uncle’s journal, but I didn't think that she would have been able to pick up on it so fast. But one thing did confuse me, and that was the fact that as soon as she had picked me up on the rock, I could have sworn that I had sensed a surprised emotion, but it was gone before I could pin-point it. 

Just then Quinn had emerged from the forest, brushing leaves out of his hair and un-wrinkling his shirt. “That went wonderfully. My hair got messed up,” he said in a laughing tone, sitting down beside me. 

I snorted. “Yeah, extremely amazing,” I muttered while shaking my head.

“You kinda suck at making someone listen to you though, just saying.”

I turned my head towards him and gave him a hard glare. “What the hell was I supposed to say?! She didn't even give me a chance to say anything. You try floating in the air on a fucking piece of the earth and try talking to a girl who could easily kill you with a flick of her wrist if she wanted to.”

“She wouldn't have done that,” he seemed very confident about that.

I shook my head, standing up. “You did not feel what she was feeling. She wasn't thinking right, and she would have probably hurt me if Ileana wasn't there,” I said in a mono toned voice, not even believing it myself. 

“Yeah. I can imagine that...but she still wouldn't have killed you,” he said calmly, leaning back and putting his arms behind his head, closing his eyes.

I groaned, shaking my head in frustration. “That's not the point!” I said while bending over and taking a hand full of mud and throwing it in his face. “Why the hell don't you try and get closer to Ileana?”

He slowly sat up, removing the mud from his eyes before he looked at me. He looked pissed off as he got up, grabbing some mud and tossing it at me, hitting me square in the chest. “And maybe I don't want to, ever think about that?”

I glared at him, shaking my head. “You're just going to lead her on like that? She's your fucking Inspirit, why would you be so stupid?!”

"No, but you are, if you give up... then that's what you'd be doing." he said while smirking. "Pay back's a bitch. You throw mud at me, I prove you wrong, again. I think I won that match."