Enemy Love (Chap. 15)

Chapter 15

Isis

I groaned, pulling the blanket over my head. "What the hell," I mumbled as the light shone through my windows.

I sighed, staying under my covers and not wanting to move. I had a huge headache at the moment, probably from all the wine that I had last night. I still can't believe that I got drunk off of wine, seriously? I really hope I didn't make a fool out of myself.

Once the pain was too unbearable, I decided to get up and head downstairs. As I climbed out of my bed, I closed my eyes and blindly walked over to my curtains, pulling them shut. I threw on my robe before heading downstairs. Once I walked into the kitchen, my head hurt even more once all the light hit me.

I groaned. "Why in the world does this house have to have so many windows?!" I asked myself, going over to the medicine cabinet and pulling out some headache medicine.

"Houses normally do," I heard Ileana say from behind me. "Are you hung over?"

I gasped, jumping almost a foot into the air. "Holy shit, do not do that to me," I said while turning around, my hand on my heart.

She sighed. "Answer the question."

"So what if I am," I said while shrugging and taking the medicine.

"'Cause you hate to drink. Why were you drinking anyway?"

I rolled my eyes. "Isidore took me out last night. It was just wine."

"You got drunk off of wine?"

I glared at her. "Oh shut up."

She grinned. "How was it? Or do you not remember?"

"I swear, if I had something to throw at you right now, you would be passed out. And of course I remember it."

She laughed. "So how was it?"

I smiled like a cheesy teenager who just got back from their first date. "It was amazing."

"Amazing how?"

I shrugged, smiling and hopping up on the counter. "I don't know...it was just...perfect."

She smiled. "I'm happy for you. But we seriously need to work on your descriptions."

I rolled my eyes, smirking. "What'd you do last night?"

"I spent some time with Quinn."

"I should have realized that. Now it's your turn for the descriptions."

"We colored, then I fell asleep, and he carried me home."

I laughed, raising an eyebrow. "And Bailey let him?"

"No, but Quinn said that 'he didn't want any other guy touching me or something'. In other words, he was being a pain in the ass."

I laughed. "Aw. That's sweet."

She just shrugged it off, moving on. "Did you know that Isidore and Quinn were best buddies before Quinn clan attacked Isidore's?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he explained that to me last night. How do you know that though?"

"I caught them talking to each other. It was really weird. There wasn't a guard on duty because they didn't want anyone to know. It just seemed... off."

I shrugged. "I don't really think so. I think it's nice that even though their family hated each other, that they could put their family's thoughts out of their minds and stay family."

She shrugged. "I wouldn't be able to do that. Anyway, it was just- never mind, you had to of been there to get what I mean."

I nodded. "Alright," I stretched, hopping off of the counter. "You have any plans today?"