Appreciation

-x- Izuku Midoriya's POV -x-

My eyes fluttered open, head pounding. "Uggggh," I let out.

A woman - who I soon recognized as Recovery Girl - turned around in her chair. "Oh, you're awake, sonny." She hopped down from her seat before taking one next to my bed.

"What happened?" I mumbled. After a moment, I shot upwards, eyes wide. "Are they okay?" I asked frantically. "I mean - Kirishima and Todoroki. Are they alright?"

Recovery Girl smiled. "Yes. They're both fine. Todoroki sustained minor injuries due to his quirk's resistance, and I was able to patch up Kirishima quite quickly. You, however," she sighed, "Have been out for a few days now. I believe about four."

I blinked. "Four. Days?"

"Well, that's what happens when you rile someone up enough to get slammed into a wall before diving under a falling ceiling," she snapped, causing me to smile sheepishly. She sighed. "You're just as reckless as him... You're lucky, too. If I wasn't here, you'd be out for much longer."

Nodding, I laughed. "Thank you, ma'am."

"Mhm. Now, I'd like to complete a small check to make sure everything's alright," she mentioned.

"O-oh, sure," I smiled.

"Alright," she said, standing, "Just sit still."

--- timeskip because doctor stuff ---

Recovery Girl shone a light in my eyes before flicking the device off. "Alright," she hopped down, "You seem to be alright. However, I'll be keeping you here overnight just in case."

I nodded. "What time is it, anyway?"

"It's already after hours." She glanced over at her computer, "More specifically, it's 9PM."

My eyes widened. "Already?!"

"Calm down. And, if you wanted to know," she added, "It's Tuesday, so you'll be heading back on Wednesday tomorrow. Your teacher has excused you from any assignments."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"You know," she typed on her computer, "All of your classmates visited you."

My throat felt dry. "A-all of them?"

She nodded. "They left you quite a few gifts, as well, if you looked over at the desk beside you."

Turning, I noticed several gift baskets piled up on the counter beside me.

I picked up a note in one filled with sweets, turning the paper around, and read Sato's name written neatly across the paper. Huh. I didn't know he baked.

Glancing over at the table, I looked over a few more items. I felt a lump rise in my throat as I scanned through the simple notes, smiling.

After I was about to turn away, I saw a note flutter to the ground, catching my attention. Raising a brow, I bent over the bed, wincing from the pain. However, I continued until my finger swept against the paper, and I picked it up.

Sitting upwards, I unfolded the note, eyes widening once I saw how full the page was.

Hi Izuku. I'm sorry, but I'm not the greatest at writing letters. I still wanted to try, though. Maybe it'll make you smile when you wake up.

I furrowed my brows. Who wrote this? Curious, I continued reading through the paper.