Epilogue

1 year later excactly.

I was sitting on the field, the sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. My hair moved gently in the wind. I was sitting on the edge of the soccer field, my back to the buildings. One of the trees in front of me had two small, white crosses in front of it. There were flowers and a picture nailed just above each cross.

I looked over to the middle of the field, the place where it had all happened. The place where my blood had been absorbed into the soil. The place of my nightmares, the place of my past horror.

I stood and walked over, I knew excactly where it had been. I stood there and felt the usual feeling I had, my hairs began to rise and shivers went down my spine but I smiled. I knew it was over.

Jesse came over and joined me. I took his hand, I'd be dead if it wasn't for him. He hadn't left my side ever since Henry attacked and died in the hospital. He would go for 5 minutes at the most then return. He stayed the month I had to stay in there before I was finally discharged.

I looked at his face and saw him smiling with his eyes closed, enjoying the sun and the breeze. He had grown up alot since what happened. He was no longer a player or whatever people use to call him. He had a girlfriend of 7 months.

"Savannah! Jesse!" We heard a voice call.

We turned to see Hailey running towards us, a big grin on her voice. Her foot had completely healed after being shot.  Once she joined us she threw her arms around Jesse and they were kissing passionatley. I averted my eyes, giving them privacy

Ever since the we were out the hospital Hailey and I spent alot of time together. I felt bad that she had gotten hurt though she said she would tak a bullet for me anyday.

Since she spent so much time with me she spent alot of time with Jesse as well who was very protective. After a while I had noticed the spark between them though neither would acknowledge it in fear of upsetting me.

I eventually had to just tell them to tell each other they liked each other. They had found it very embarassing while I had found it funny yet a week later they had been a happy couple. I was happy for them, they were very cute together and Jesse really needed her.

As they broke apart I felt Hailey hug me tightly.

"It has been WAY too long Savannah!" She cried.

"It's been a week." I said laughing.

"A week to long!" She stated laughing also.

I turned to see Brooke and Matt walking over holding hands. They also had become a couple but almost straight after that night. They had been there for each other then and were still going strong now.

I smiled as they neared.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Savannah!" Brooke cried before hugging me tightly.

Brooke had been close with Hailey and I and we oftened hung out. Hailey hadn't been angry about Brooke and Matt, she saw how much they liked each other though I'm sure she was hurt at the beginning.

I sighed as I watched the two happy couples, both holding each other and smiling.

"A whole year." Hailey said, breaking the silence.

"It doesn't seem that long, it seems like it happened yesterday." Brooke said quietly, tears forming in her eyes.

Matt held her hand tightly and I nodded,

"Where is that idiot. He said he'd be here." I heard Jesse mutter and I couldn't help but smile.

"Patience." Hailey giggled.

"If he doesn't turn up..." Jesse said, trailing off for dramatic effect.

"He'll show." Matt said, his eyes on Brooke.

"Are you alright Savannah?" Hailey asked, concern in her eyes.

"Yes." I said smiling.

"You sure?" Jesse asked.

All eyes were now on me and I smiled at them.

"Guys I'm fine. It's over, it has been for almost a year. That night will stay in my mind forever but it's in the past. I can't change it but I think the only thing I would change is the deaths." I said.

"I miss them." Brooke said, her voice cracking slightly.

"We all do." Hailey murmured.

"Guys! Sorry I'm late!" We all heard a voice.

We all turned and a grin broke out over my face.

"You owe us!" Hailey cried angrily.

"You're like an hour late!" Brooke seethed.

"You better have a good reason!" Jesse snarled.

I just smiled and I suddenly felt arms wrap around me and I felt at home. I breathed in the familiar scent of the boy I loved and had loved for over a year now. Jacob.

"I was getting these." Jacob said, producing the two bunches of flowers he had.

"For Oliver and Darren?" Brooke asked.

"Yes." He said.

I couldn't get the smile off my face and Jacob lent down, kissing me softly.

While I had been in the hospital I hadn't been told that Jacob was still alive, or that Oliver hadn't made it. Once I was out I was told everything. It had been a night of tears, happy and sad.

Jacob and come over the next day and told me he loved me. I had confessed I loved him back though that was after Jesse had punched him hard in the face.

Jesse and Jacob however had stayed best friends, they had been through the same thing, trying to protect me.

The group of us walked over to the tree with the crosses however everyone stopped but me a few yards back. I walked the rest on my own with the bouques Jacob had brought. I knelt in front of the crosses and tears filled my eyes. I layed the flowers down and gently touched the pictures of the two smiling boys.

The tears fell silently though I had a smile on my face. These boys were amazing. The only way I'd forgiven myself for their deaths was the fact that I knew they'd want me to. I missed Oliver alot has he and I had been quite close but I also missed Darren.

I suddenly felt two people kneel on either side of me, Brooke and Hailey. They had known the boys alot longer then I had and I saw both were crying like myself. We held hands as we sat their silently, looking at the pictures of the boys. They meant alot to us.

I heard the boys walk up and stand behind us, looking down at the shrine of Oliver and Darren. It was especially hard on Matt as he had been best friends with both of them.

"Come on girls, it's time to go, it's 5." I heard Jesse say quietly.

We all stood and hugged each other before walking back to our cars, holdings hands with our loved one. I decided to go in Jacob's car which Jesse wasn't too happy about but we were all going out for dinner.

As Jacob drove down the curvy road, I looked out the window at the trees whizzing past. My mind travelled, thinking about many things. I thought about the horrible past, how unbearable it had been but I also thought about the hopeful future and felt a smile pull at my lips.

This would be a day we would all spend together for a long time. A day we would never forget.

None of us wanted to forget it. It had made us who we were today and though we had suffered alot of pain and loss it had made us stronger and for that we were grateful. It had been the end of my nightmares, of my fear. I had put it all behind me.

Now it was my turn to live.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The end! :D I hope you all enjoyed the story! :D I know I loved writing it!

You guys have been amazing for all of you have have read, commented and voted! :D it means the world! I hope you like the ending and check out my other stories :D

havygirl <3