Chapter 2

By 12:30 I'd already been to the Headmistress and explored the school. I had my schedule and had found where all my classes were. I noticed that people would watch me curiously as I walked past their classrooms but I ignored it.

The bell rang at 1 and students poured out of their classrooms. I quickly made my way back to my dorm only to find Jacob was there. I sighed.

"Hey roomie." He smirked.

"Hi." I said.

"Ready for lunch?" He asked.

"I think I'll skip."

"Aw come on. You've got to eat. You missed breakfast." He said.

I looked at him shocked. Why did he care? He saw my reaction and shrugged it off, the smirk still playing on his lips.

"You're choice." He stated. "I'm going there now if you want to come."

"Oh um ok." I finally said.

We walked out the dorm, Jacob locking the door behind us. We walked in silence to the dining room which was filled with students. As we walked through the doors, girls immediatley came to Jacobs side.

I spotted Jesse immediatley. He was exactly where I thought he would be. The popular table. he was surrounded by other jocks and squealing girls. He saw me and smiled before his eyes moved to Jacob and his smile disappeared.

I ignored it and got in line to get my food. Jacob stood behind me, loving the attention he was getting. I tried to ignore it before I was suddenly pushed forward into the girl in front of me. I turned to see a blonde girl laughing at me.

"A bit clumsy there are you." She said as her friends laughed.

I ignored it and turned forward, not wanting to make enemies on my first day.

"Sorry." I apologise to the girl I had fallen into.

She smiled.

 "Don't worry, it's just Stacy up to her bitchy tricks. I'm Hailey. Are you new?"

"Yeah. I'm Savannah." I said with a smile.

Hailey and I ended up talking the whole time that we were waiting in line. She'd been here 2 years and gave me the low down on everyone. Stacy - the bitch. Jasmine - stacy's follower. Jacob - man-whore, asshole. Nick - also a man-whore.

"Then there's Jesse." She said.

I looked at her expectantly, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"He's a man-whore too, well, I think he is. He's kind of different from the other ones." She said with a thoughtful look on her face.

I giggled which earnt me a weird look from her.

'What?" She asked, trying to figure out what was funny.

"Jesse is my brother." I let her know.

Her gasp was mingled with others from behind me. I turned to see Jacob and Stacy looking at me with wide-eyes. Great.

"You? You are related to Jesse?" Asked Stacy, barely containing her laughter.

I looked away embarassed.

"Shut up Stacy." Says Hailey. "She's prettier than you anyday."

Stacy just snorted and turned back to Jacob. I snuck a look at him and saw him looking at me in shock.

"What do you want?" Asked the bored lunchlady. I turned to her.

"Uhh chips." I mutter.

She handed them over before serving Hailey. I was about to walk away when Hailey spoke once more.

"Do you want to sit with me?"

"Sure." I said, secretly relived I wouldn't have to sit by myself.

She led me over to a table where 3 guys and 2 girls were already sitting.

"Guys this is Savannah." Hailey said as she sat down.

I sat down tnext to her as they all introduced themselves. Oliver, Sarah, Darren, Brooke and Matt. They all seemed pretty nice and as I listened to their conversation. As I put a chip in my mouth I looked over at the popular table and saw Jesse looking at me. He smiled as our eyes meet and motioned for me to come over but I shook my head and turned away only to see Sarah and Brooke gaping at me.

"Did Jesse White just motion for you to go join him?" Asked Sarah in amazement.

I laughed quietly. "Yeah, I guess my twin wants to talk to me."

Their eyes bugled.

"Twin!" Yelled Brooke.

The people at tables around us looked over curoisly and I shushed her, not wanting to cause a scene.

"Yes." I affirmed.

I saw the guys looking slightly jealous as Brooke and Sarah started ranting about how lucky I am and how hot he is. This continued for the rest of lunch and I was thankful when the bell sounded. Everyone started disappearing though I noticed Jesse stayed behind. Brooke and Sarah got up and walked past him giggling. He didn't even notice as he walked towards me.

"Hey Vee." He greeted.

"Yo." I replied.

"Why'd you walk in with Jacob Mars?" He asked getting straight to the point.

"He's my roommate." I told him.

Jesse's jaw clenched and he looked at the ground angrily. His shoulders tense.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just stay away from him Savannah." He growled though I don't think his anger was directed at me.

"Aren't you his friend?" I asked confused.

"Yes so I know what he's like. You came here to get away, to get happy. You don't need him." He told me fiercely.

I looked at him, slightly angry myself.

"How would you know why I came here? You know nothing of what happened." I snapped.

He looked at me in confusion and instantly regretted saying it. He didn't need to know the details. It had been 6 months now. He could move on with the little truth he knew.

"You've got class." I said quickly before walking out the dining room, leaving him standing there alone.