Chapter 5

Oliver and I ended up in his dorm again. He laughed as he locked the door behind us.

"We made it!" He said happily.

I smiled but looked away. He sighed and sat on the couch looking at me. I looked at him. I could see the burning curiosity in his eyes but he remained silent.

"Thank you Oliver." I say.

"Don't mention it." He says. I sat on the couch next to him.

"If you need someone to talk to you can talk to me Savannah." He says.

I sighed again and looked at my hands in my lap. Oliver reached over and took one of my hands. This caught me by suprise and I looked up startled. He looked back at me seriously.

"I mean it." He says.

"I know." I say quietly.

There's suddenly a knock at the door which made up both jump. Oliver let go of my hand and went and stood behind it.

"Who is it?" He asked cautiously.

"Open the door." Says Hailey.

Oliver opened the door to find Jesse standing next to Hailey. My eyes widen at her, she brought him here?

"I'm sorry Savannah." She said when she saw my expression.

Jesse stepped forward and punched Oliver hard in the stomach. Oliver crumpled over in pain and Jesse looked up at me with a hard expression.

"Why'd you hit him!?" I yelled, jumping up and rushing to his side where Hailey was already fussing over him.

"Savannah." Said Jesse through gritted teeth.

I looked up at him. I could see that he was angry but there were other emotions in his eyes aswell. I turned back to Oliver.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "Course. I think you should go with your brother though." He says.

I sighed. I hadn't wanted him to get hurt, he was just trying to help.

"Okay." I said defeated.

Jesse grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the corridor. He lead me up thetwo flights of stairs andthen into his dorm. As soon as he shut the door behind me he turned to face me.

"Tell me now Savannah. What don't I know." He says.

I looked up into his eyes. I didn't want to tell him. He had found a way to get past our parents murder. He didn't need my story in there too. He would worry, he would fuss, but worst of all, he would pity. I looked away.

"Tell me!" He yelled.

I flinched. He glared at me before turning and punching the wall. I looked over in shock to see a dent in the wall and his knuckles bleeding. I went to touch him but he moved away.

"Get out." He said in a cold voice.

My eyes widened.

"I said get out." He repeated.

"Jesse.." I started.

"GET OUT!" He yelled.

I turned as my eyes filled with tears and left.I heard him slam the door behind me as I started down the stairs. What had I done? I couldn't tell him but if Ididn't he'd hate me. WhenI got to my dorm I walked in and let the tears fall. Thank god jacob wasn't there. I laid on my bed and sobbed until I drifted asleep.

He started making his way towards me. That's when I noticed the blood-covered kitchen knife hooked under his belt. My eyes widened and I let out another scream. He just laughed, my fear amused him. He now stood right infront of me.

"No!!" I screamed as I kicked and punched.

He grabbed my arms but I managed to kick him hard in the stomach. He took a suprised step back then his face distorted with anger. He grabbed his knife and plunged it into my stomach before I had a chance to move. My eyes widened in shock as I felt the pain sear through my body. He pulled it out, pleased with himself. Then we both heard it, police sirens. He looked down at me with a disgusting smirk.

"I'll find you." He whispered before bolting to the door.

I heard his footsteps running down the stairs and then the back door slam before I lost consciousness.

My eyes flickered open to see Jacob standing there looking down at me with and unreadable expression. Oh great.