Let the flower grow

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) looked down at the sleeping infant as she walks into the living room with Astilbe in her arms, this takes everyone's attention as she sits down on the couch. "Dear, what is it that you have in your arms?" Alastor asked as he strode over to his wife. "Astilbe..." she said quietly, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. "Oh God... why do you... why do you have Astilbe?" Angel was taken back. Audrey has a concerned look on her face, thinking the worst had happened. Alastor's eyes widened at this discovery. "What happened to the sick bastard? Why do you have his kid?" Jerome was still thinking that it was Valentino's fault for Anastasia's death. Adrian just walked in and heard Jerome. "What?" Surprise runs across Claire's face as she looks at (Y/n). Lillian looks up from her book with a raised eyebrow and a bored look, "Who?"

(Y/n) faced her mother. "Anastasia's daughter."

"Why do you bother with an adopted child's child?" (Y/n) was not in the mood to deal with her mother's antics today. "That adopted child was still my daughter!" She didn't want to wake up Astilbe. "Not by blood."

"Blood binds nothing!"

"Blood binds everything!"

(Y/n) gave a disgusted look towards her mother as she faces everyone else. Everyone was in shock at how rude Lillian was but ignored her as they needed answers from (Y/n). Angel and Audrey's daughter, Chromia, was confused by all the tension in the room but continued to play with her baby toys.

"Yesterday Valentino called me saying he... he couldn't be a father to Astilbe, so he wanted me to take care of her instead." Lillian scoffed, "Pah- lease, let the child go to an orphanage or else you'll have a bunch of brats running around the mansion if you don't do anything." (Y/n) sends a stern glare at her mother. Everyone except Jerome and Lillian has shocked faces that turned into pity once they look at Astilbe and think of what Valentino was feeling giving up his child for her to have a better than with her own father.

Jerome was surprised that Valentino was able of such a thing, to admit something that wouldn't work out just so that his daughter may have a better life than Valentino himself. Lillian rolled her eyes, "Next thing you know he's going to come to your door every day begging for something else or for you to deal with his problems for him. And that "daughter" Anastasia? Her fault for dying and leaving that Valentneo? Is that how you say his name? Whatever, all alone and left him to make the choice of giving his daughter. All her fault."

Audrey and Adrian swear they could hear (Y/n)'s blood pressure rising. "Are you kidding me?" Lillian looked around at everyone else in the room. "What?"

"Your youngest granddaughter, Anastasia, is dead and you have the gall to disrespect her like this?! Saying that her death is her own fault?!" With the amount of stress Lillian is putting on (Y/n), it's surprising that she wasn't in pain since everyone knows that stress isn't good for a pregnant woman and an unborn baby. "Yes, yes I do have the "gall" to say such thing for it's her fault for running away and having a child that ended up in her death." She rolled her eyes as if it were the most obvious thing. "And besides, she's dead, how can I disrespect a dead person." Ruth stepped into the room once she heard about Valentino giving Astilbe to (Y/n) to care for her, then she heard her mother's words. "How dare you mother!" She was utterly revolted after hearing those words, even if someone is dead, you should never disrespect them, especially if they're family, for you never know who is listening.

"I'm simply speaking the utter truth with opened eyes, I have no idea why you are all against me!" (Y/n) is under so much rage and stress from her mother's words and herself being pregnant that she cannot stand this any longer more than anything else and she would fall apart in one way or another. Due to the argument Astilbe had woken up and had began crying. (Y/n) had to exit the room without a word to anyone to just get away from Lillian and she succeeded. She began quieting down Astilbe by using her powers to create little snowflakes above Astilbe, needless to say, Astilbe stopped crying and even began to try and catch the snowflakes, one even landed on her nose which made laughter erupt from the small infant. As (Y/n) goes to her bedroom she runs into Chromia in the play room, who looked up at (Y/n), she was seated on the floor curiously staring up at her grandmother and pointed to the bundle in her arms. Chromia makes baby noises looking at the bundle in (Y/n)'s arms as her 3ft wings draped over her legs. (Y/n) sighs, "Not now, Chromia, I'm sorry, but not right now." She walks away with a curious Chromia behind her. "Aamaa?" Chromia said to (Y/n) without (Y/n) hearing her.

 "Aamaa?" Chromia said to (Y/n) without (Y/n) hearing her

This is Chromia 👉