Mother?

May 25th, 1943
Somewhere in Hell

Jerome was at a local bar, he wanted to drink some booze in peace since he had a bad day and just wanted to drink his sorrows away, not like he could die from alcohol poisoning since he was already dead. He was hoping to get some peace and quiet, despite being in a bar, until he got wasted and was doing so things that he would never remember in the morning, but sadly, the hands of fate decided to crash on his parade, how one may ask! By having a hand placed on his shoulder. "What do you want?" He didn't even bother to look behind him to see the person. "Well that's no way to talk to your wife." Jerome turned around and faces his "wife", he's in stunned silence. "Still breath taken by my looks even when I'm dead, hm?"

"How the fuck....?"

"Jerome, darling, please stop going to bars, you remember how that went last time?" Jerome's mood turned sour, which went unnoticeable by Lillian. "Last time you saw me in a bar was when we were alive and everything was "sunshine and rainbows"".

"And why do you seem so annoyed by my presence? I thought my husband would have been ecstatic to see me." Jerome sighed, "Times change." Lillian was being persistent. "Well they can change again."

Jerome mumbles 'Here we go again' before returning his voice to normal, "Are you going to try and lecture me about change again?"

"Maybe I will! Looks like you haven't changed a bit!"

Jerome was starting to get pissed off, "So what!" Lillian wasn't going to let this go without a fight. "You're just in the same mindset that we met! Just in different circumstances..." Jerome rubbed his forehead, "The fact that we ain't teenagers or the fact we're in Hell?" Jerome, not giving a damn, takes a sip of alcohol. "The fact that you're away from your side of the family and still acting like an emotional prick that is a teenager. You're around 50 years old because of your time in Hell! Why won't you change to the now, normal?" Jerome slammed down his drink, "Because I won't conform to any standard that society wants me to be! Even if that society is Hell!"

Lillian places her hands on her hips, "Get a grip on your life again! It took me 12 years just to get you out of your shell to marry me and have a kid! Then we had Ruth and you were doing okay and then you got me pregnant, AGAIN!" Jerome wasn't having any of Lillian was giving him. "I wasn't ready to be a dad for two kids! I was drunk and you let it happen!" Something to remember, Jerome has very little trust in others because of Lillian, but where his daughters are concerned, he will do anything to protect them, even one tries to kill the other. He would protect them with his life. "You let yourself get drunk!" But when it came to Lillian, Jerome just wants to jump out of a window and die. "No, you pushed me into it!" The alcohol wasn't what was making him this way, it was Lillian. "Really." She sarcastically rolled her eyes.

"I had a bad day at work and just wanted a small hug and "it'll be okay" from you, but no! You said to suck it up and find something else to help me!"

"I did no such thing!" Now she was being dramatic. "If you had just given me a hug then I wouldn't have gotten drunk and fucked you!" She rolled her eyes again, boy did he want to leave right now. "Well it's your fault for having a bad day! You never come home with a good attitude and the majority of the time you came home upset!"

"How the fuck is that MY fault?" He wanted her to go away, but she wouldn't. "You never tried to make a better day out of anything! You always kept saying, "My day can't get ANY worse, please don't make it worse!" but you never truly TRIED to make it better!"

"I can't change fate woman!"

"Yes you can!"

"NO I CAN'T! FATE IS SOMETHING THAT IS WRITTEN! AND YOU CAN'T STOP IT!"

"BULLSHIT! YOU'RE JUST BEING AS STUBBORN AS ALWAYS!" She was practically screaming in his face. They began yelling at each other like 5 year olds. The bartender asked them to leave, which they kindly did.

Jerome and Lillian have been walking with no set destination, but he stumbled upon (Y/n), however, her parents didn't even realize she's there. "You can't just walk back into our lives like this! What you've done to me and to our daughters is unforgivable!" Jerome was walking with his arms crossed, not even bothering to look at Lillian. "Like you have any say!" Man, she wasn't giving up, was she? "At least I've got a better stand point than you do!" Hopefully that'll shut her up. "Pah-lease!"

Big. Fat. NOPE!

Lillian faces away from Jerome with her arms crossed, as her turns she notices (Y/n) and her mood flips upside down. "(Y/n)! My baby girl! I'm so proud of you!" She runs over to her daughter and begins smushing her cheeks. (Y/n) looks over to Jerome with confusion all over her face. "(Y/n), this is your sorry excuse of a mother." Lillian ignores what Jerome said and keeps her focus on her youngest daughter. "(Y/n), my sweet girl! I'm so proud of you! Getting in the big leagues of being a Phoenix! But I didn't expect anything less from my little girl!" Jerome lightly growls as he steps toward (Y/n) and shoves Lillian's hand off of his daughters head.

Alastor comes from around the street corner and sees his wife and Jerome with this woman he doesn't know. "So how's my sweet girl?" You would expect (Y/n) to be happy to see her mother, but it was in fact, the quite opposite. (Y/n)'s face showed no emotion. "I find it hard to believe you're my mother." Alastor walks over to (Y/n). "Is this lady causing you discomfort, dear?"

"Oh, Alastor! Hi, you are just in time to-" She was cut off by Lillian. "You must be Alastor the Radio Demon! Is it true you and my little angel are a thing?" She bats her eyelashes at him. "Get the fuck away from 'em!" He pulls Lillian away from his daughter and son in law. "You have no right to say that to me, Jerome!" She snarled at him. "Fuck off!"

"Miss, who are you?" Alastor questioned the woman. "Why I'm (Y/n)'s mother, I'm also your mother in law!"

(Y/n), having enough of this, "Please, I already know what you've done." Lillian starts getting nervous. "What ever do you mean sweetheart?" She feins innocently. Jerome started, "You abused Ruth, which destroyed her psychologically, mentally, and emotionally."

"Spoiled me."

"Had all OUR inheritance handed off to (Y/n) and none for Ruth."

"Killed my father!"

"AND MADE THE DAUGHTERS YOU GAVE BIRTH TO SEPARATE!" Jerome and (Y/n) said at the same time. "It was for the best, you wouldn't understand." (Y/n) crossed her arms, "Oh please, explain to me how I wouldn't understand!"

"I still don't know why you killed me!"

"I do not have a good grasp on the situation, however, it caused my dear wife pain, so I am not happy." Alastor places his hands on his wife's shoulders. "I did it because if you stayed any longer you would've brought sin in our house and it would've tainted (Y/n) at a young age!"

Lillian really wants to die today.

So the end result, Lillian won't contact the family at all what so ever! Everyone is happy, and Jerome will end up with a hangover in the morning.

AuthorsFolly helped me with this chapter! Give them my thanks!