Let the flower grow

It has been a few days after the death of Anastasia and the birth of Astilbe, Valentino didn't blame the small sleeping infant in his arms for her death, there was no way the child could've done this, but it still hurt to look at the child without thinking of Anastasia's pale and lifeless face, he looked away from the child before tears could form in his eyes. His eyes landed on a phone not to far away from him, looking at it, he knew what he had to do that would benefit himself and the child. Astilbe rubbed her eyes with her small hands before returning to sleep. Using one of his arms, Valentino grabs the phone and dials (Y/n)'s number, how did he know it? He remembered it being saved on Anastasia's phone. With this in mind, he dialed (Y/n)'s number and with three rings, she picked up. "Hello? Who's this?"

"This is Valentino, and before you hang up on me, please listen." His voice was so sad and desperate. (Y/n) decides to give him the benefit of the doubt, everyone knew of Anastasia's death and she felt remorse towards the moth. "What do you want?" She spoke quietly and her tone was sorrowful. "I... I can't be a father to Astilbe, (Y/n). When I look at her all I can see is Anastasia's lifeless face, I don't blame this child for anything but I can't help it."

"So what are you saying?" She places a bookmark to keep her reading place. "I know I won't be a fit father for Astilbe, so please, give her a life I can't give her." (Y/n) understands what he means, "I- I can't do that."

"Please (Y/n), I can't do this to Astilbe, I need you to do this, please." He begged the female on the other end of the phone. (Y/n) is quiet as she weighs out her options, "..O- okay."

"Thank you." He sighed in reliefs, he tried not to wake up Astilbe in his arms. "When should I-" Valentino cut (Y/n) off.

"I'll show up at your home with her and hand her off to you. I'm sorry for having to burden you with this, but thank you so much."

"It's the least we can do for Anastasia." Valentino went silent as he agreed with (Y/n). "When you get here tomorrow, knock on the door four times."

Fast forward to the next day. Valentino stands in front of the mansion door and knocks 4 times just like (Y/n) had instructed him to do over the phone. He looked down at the infant in his arms. Astilbe giggles happily up at her father and tries to grab his face. Valentino shakily smiles down at her and pats her head. Astilbe giggles even more. Valentino uses one of his hands to grab a picture from inside of his coat, upon looking at it, he smiles slightly and then frowns as he feels tears prick at his eyes. The picture was of him and a pregnant Anastasia smiling at the camera, he had bunny ears above Anastasia's head and Anastasia was in a position of lightly slapping his hand away with a large grin as the picture went off. Using two hands he got a pen and wrote a note on the back of the picture reading "We both care about you, Astilbe, even if we aren't there in person, we will always care about you.", he signed the note with his name and Anastasia's and tucked the note in the bundle of blankets with Astilbe. She let out a small noise as she yawned and fell asleep comfortably in the bundle.

After placing the picture with Astilbe, the door to the mansion opened and revealed a 3 month pregnant (Y/n). (Y/n) looked up at Valentino and gave him a quick hug. Valentino gently handed the bundle that is Astilbe to (Y/n). As she takes the bundle with one arm and with the other pulls out a flower, a flower he instantly recognized. A Tomb Bloom. "Keep it, will you? For Anastasia's memory." Valentino looks at (Y/n) before taking the flower. "Of course, and again, thank you."

(Y/n) nods as she steps inside the mansion and closes the door with one hand. Valentino waits for the doors to finish closing and then walks away from the door, he looks back one last time with a small smile knowing that his daughter will probably be able to have a better life than he could have ever given her. With that, he left the mansion grounds.