Chapter Seventy Three

Mal opened the door to his Italian villa. Marcy came in before him and stopped. Standing in the lobby was their friends and family.

"Mommy!" Mally, Mickey, Rajah and Sola ran to embrace her.

She let them hug her, really overwhelmed.

Ellen came forward and hugged her tightly.

Laura, Mercedes, Quinn and Maddie hugged her next.

Everyone took turns hugging her.

"Alright!" Mal called out. "She needs a nap!"

Everyone understood that deeply.

He helped her up the stairs, Ellen and the children following. They went to the master suite and he scooped her up to put her in the bed.

Mally, Mickey, Rajah and Sola climbed in the bed and laid down with her. Ellen sat at the bottom of the bed.

"Do you want anything?" Mal asked softly.

"Where's Rye?" Marcy finally spoke.

His heart lifted so fast, he was sure he was dying. "I'm not sure but I can find out."

She nodded slowly.

"Do you want to hold her?"

She nodded again.

The corner of his mouth kicked up into a half smile. "I'll be right back then."

Mickey waited for him to be gone before playing with her fingers. "Do you hate me, Mommy?"

"No." Marcy whispered.

"Do you not like us anymore?" Rajah asked.

"That is not true."

"You left." Sola accused.

"I did."

"Why?" Mally was at his wits end.

Marcy thought about it. "I guess I needed to see if anybody would come find me."

The kids covered her in hugs like a coat. "We love you, Mommy."

Marcy felt her hurt and pain loosening a bit. She didn't know but tears were sliding down her face. "Mommy loves you, too."

Ellen sniffled as she watched them.

OF

Mal returned with baby Riley and saw everyone was asleep on the bed. That was quick. He went to sit on Marcy's free side and kissed her lips lightly.

Her lashes fluttered before her eyes just popped open. He kept his composure as she fully woke up. "Mal?"

"Here's our newest baby."

Marcy sat up, Mally sliding off her. She reached out for the baby.

Mal gave her up, loving to see her bond with the newborn.

She held the little girl close as she mewled lightly. "Hi, Rye. I'm your mommy."

Riley gurgled.

"I'm not very good at this but I promise I'll get better. You are my reason to live. I'm going to live for you. Okay?"

Riley gurgled again as if she understood.

Marcy smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "I love you."

Mal looked up from looking at the baby and saw her eyes on him. "I love all of you."

OF