Chapter Fifteen

"How was your night?" Josh kissed Mickey's cheek.

She wrinkled her face. "Tammy put us to bed!"

"Who's Tammy?"

"A babysitter." Mally muttered bitterly.

"Where were Mommy and Daddy?" Greg wanted to know.

"They went on dates with those people." He sneered.

"They both went out?" Josh was surprised.

Mickey nodded as she played with the sheets. "Mommy said to call if anything and she meant anything happened. But nothing happened."

"I wanted to call anyway." Mally crossed his arms.

"Why didn't you?" Josh was interested.

"Josh!" Greg admonished.

"I just want to know."

Mally giggled. "Mickey said they were out together. I was hoping they'd leave those people alone but they didn't say anything when we woke up."

Josh scowled. "Darn! Do you know where they went?"

Mally shook his head.

Josh sighed. "Go help Mommy with breakfast. We'll be up here ready to eat when you're done."

"You like Mommy's food." Mally giggled.

"Don't you?!" Greg looked at him incredulously. "That woman should have been a chef!"

The twins ran out to tell her, giggling.

Josh held his stomach. He felt odd but he ignored it to say, "We have got to talk to them."

"Agreed." Greg nodded. "They need to come to some common ground."

"I'll take her and you take him."

OF

Josh settled into his chair at the hospital while the nurse hooked him up to the dialysis machine. "Marcy?"

"Yes?" Marcy went through her bag of games to see what Greg could learn next.

"The twins said you went out last night."

Marcy looked up and at him. "I did."

"With Mal."

"Bryan and Cynthia were there, too."

"Where'd you go?"

"To karaoke and a restaurant."

"You sing?" His brows raised.

"For the twins."

He smiled. "My mom used to sing to me. I thought she had the best voice. Her favorite singer was this Italian singer. She was wildly beautiful and had the voice of an angel. My mom would play her records and sing along."

Marcy stared at him, thinking about her own mother.

He smirked. "My mom loved her so much, she named my sister after her."

"What's your sister's name?"

"Taylor."

Marcy paled. "The singer? Was she dark for an Italian? Brown hair, blue eyes?"

Josh was surprised. "Yes! How'd you know?"

"Was she Rosie Taylor?"

"Yes." He noticed she seemed to be falling apart even though she hadn't moved an inch. "You know her?"