Chapter Sixty Four

Guests were starting to leave so Marcy texted the Trio to get their friends together in her office. All was silent by the time she made it inside. "You're not leaving here until you come to an understanding."

Artie and Brittany began fussing and crying, respectively.

Mike whistled again.

"Shut up!" Marcy eyed all three. "Tana, tell them how it felt to be cast aside and abandoned."

Santana nodded and began outlining exactly how she felt nearly four years ago and everyday since. "I love them so much and I don't understand how you don't."

Brittany was sobbing hardcore.

"Britt. Your turn." Marcy said.

"Really?!" Artie sniped.

"We're going by age; shut up! Britt."

Brittany sniffled and admitted to her hurt and pain. Feeling like an outcast at MIT and recently going back to Ohio to try to salvage her relationship with her children.

"Now you can go, Artman."

Artie was shocked she called him that but went on to detail how lonely he felt. He tried to stick close to Kurt, Blaine and Rachel but he had very little in common with them. He felt lost and alone but scared to come back home.

"Why?" Mercedes was confused. "You're famous now."

"Yeah but I'm a deadbeat dad." He finally admitted it.

"Look at each other." Marcy commanded.

"But-"

"No buts. Look at each other and tell each other the truth."

"About what?" Brittany sniffled.

"About what you want."

"I want my babies to stop hating me." The blonde sobbed instantly. "I want to have friends. I want my family to love me again." She gulped. "I want you back."

Santana gaped but Artie went next, very serious. "I want my kids to love me. I want my parents to be proud of me again. I want to have friends. I want you back."

Mercedes and Quinn clutched each other, trying to be silent.

Santana didn't know what to say at first. "What if I said it's too late? That I want new people to love me."

Marcy prayed hard for her friends to say the (only) right thing.

"Then I'll just have to stalk you while being a good dad." Artie decided.

Yes! Marcy almost broke a sweat.

Brittany nodded. "We're not going to stop trying but we're going to be good parents. So if you move, we move."

Mercedes and Quinn squealed lowly.

Mike was so proud of his friends.

Everyone looked to Santana, who looked to Marcy. "I need to think."

Marcy opened the door.

"I thought we had to have an understanding?!" Artie was hurt.

"Do you understand she has to think?"

"Boo Thang, why are you so literal?"

"Shut up and get out." Marcy waved everyone out.

"You've gone drunk with power." Mercedes wrinkled her nose on the way out.

"Best drink there is." Marcy shut the door behind herself and went to finish escorting guests out.

OF