37 - Spell It Out

Start from the beginning

Speaking of the Kwamis, they were unusually very quiet. They were sitting on Marinette's desk, watching their owners talk about the video. They were silent, knowing how important and stressful this was for them. "Well," Marinette said. "We really just wanted to update you guys on what's going on. The Akuma's have been harder lately, and I appreciate everyone fighting in this fight. We will beat Hawkmoth, if he's Gabriel or not."

Adrien nodded. "Yes, we'll take him down and bring Paris back to normal," Adrien added.

"Pound it?" Marinette smirked and stuck her fist out.

The rest of the team chuckled and mimicked her actions. "Pound it."

---

Later that day, after the group went their separate ways, Alya was on the way to an interview. As she was walking, she called Marinette...mostly to yell at her.

Marinette, on the other hand, was beginning the design of her dress. She had it sketched out and was almost really to start cutting and sewing. But that didn't stop Alya from lecturing her.

"You need to talk to Adrien," She said to Marinette. "And before you say it, it will never be a good time. You just need to get it over with- he's not going to stop being friends with you, and I'm sure he's been thinking about it, too. Probably just too nervous to talk about it," Alya reasoned.

Marinette groaned. "I know, but I'm nervous, too," She said.

"I know, girl," Alya said. "But maybe this is the push you guys need. You tried to tell Adrien for two years about your crush, and it never worked. Now that you guys are friends and partners, it will probably be a lot easier. Plus, think about how happy the girls will be when they find out you finally made a move!" Alya joked.

The call was silent for a moment while Marinette thought about her argument. Finally, she gave in. "Fine, I'll talk to him when he gets back. He went to the store to get some snacks, and then we're going to start talking about the new Adrien vs. Jobs videos we want to do," She explained. "But I promise we'll talk tonight."

"Good," Alya said, and Marinette could hear her smile through the phone. "Well, I just made it to the place where I'm doing the interview, so I expect an update later."

"Of course," Marinette giggled. "I'll talk to you later."

As if on cue, there was a knock at Marinette's trap door with Adrien peering in right after. "I got the goods!" He said as he entered her room, a big smile on his face. Marinette was sat at her desk, so Adrien set all the stuff on the chaise as he sat next to it. "So, what are we thinking for Adrien vs. Jobs?" He asked.

Marinette shrugged and grabbed her notebook. "I got a lot of tweets and comments about it. People really want to see you work the register in the bakery, make a song with Jagged Stone, and have you learn the guitar. There's also a lot of people who want to see you play soccer," She said. "But I think the easiest one will be either the register or the guitar," Marinette read off.

"Honestly, I'd be excited to do any of those," Adrien said. "But maybe the register and bakery one will be the best way to feel out the waters," He nodded.

Marinette circled it on her page and set the notebook back on her desk. "Right, I'll talk to my parents about it," She said. "Can...can we talk?" She asked, much quieter.

"Of course?" Adrien said, but it came out more like a question.

With a deep breath, she knew there was no going back. "So, you remember the Akuma Copy?" She asked, and Adrien nodded in response. "And do you remember what happened...after I captured the Akuma? After you were hit?"

Adrien thought for a moment; then his eyes went wide when he realized what Marinette was hinting at. "Yes... Is something wrong?" He asked.

"No! Not at all," Marinette shook her head. "Alya saw it, so other people probably saw it. And, Adrien," Marinette took another pause. "I don't know about you, but I've loved becoming closer friends and being partners these past few years, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the kiss," She rambled a bit, trailing off at the end.

Adrien stared at Marinette, and slowly a smile crept onto his face. "No, I one-hundred percent agree."

"Are you really going to make me spell it out?"  She groaned.

Adrien knew what he was doing, and he was going to continue to play dumb. "Spell what out, my lady?"

"Ugh," She huffed. "Adrien, do you want to go out?"

Adrien stood up. "I would be honored," He said with a bow.

"But!" Marinette cut him off. "We probably shouldn't let it be too public. You know, for safety reasons."

Adrien walked closer to Marinette. "Whatever you wish," He said, and kissed her on the cheek.