9

So I keep writing stories for this book instead of the others which I'm also in the process of posting... all of which have less completed chapters than this one. Why do I do this to myself? I don't know but it's kind of fun. Anyway, he's finally going to Hogwarts now!   And angst, kind of?  Possibly. -T.A.L.A.

"Silk...?" Harry called into the house, his eyes never leaving the man at the door- who oddly enough looked just as shocked as Harry himself was, actually he looked as if he had just seen a ghost. 

.....Akasha was going to flip.

        "Yep, what's up Asp?" Silk had been busy constructing the newest of her many runic projects as the circuits all took a break once a year for a half month as part of a longstanding agreement, but he had requested that they stay in Britain for awhile longer as he had been trying to complete his own project and needed access to the necessary ingredients. He'd been a practicing duelist for a little under a year now and had worked his way up fairly quickly, earning renown for his talents despite the fact that so many still only saw him as Tiamat's brat.

"Did you mess with the wards again?"

There was a guilty pause that said more than any words could have, " I might have."

"There's a man at the door with an acceptance letter, he says its for me..."

"Then let him in? Oh. Is this one of those stranger danger things again? So weird, if he tries something just- oh. ...Akasha is going to flip."  The pause told him without looking that Silk had entered the room.

He couldn't help the response he gave before he remembered himself,  "That's what I thought! ...oh, I'm sorry, sir, you just look a whole lot like someone else we know. Please, come in." Silk snorted as Harry invited the man in- not that the guest would be able to hear them as they had gone to the kitchen area and begun preparing drinks.

"I see." The tone strongly suggested he was biting back his actual thoughts on the matter as they stepped inside observing the near empty room they were renting with a keen eye.

They hadn't expected to stay long or have guests so it was bare; a short hallway held a now closed door that Silk had slipped out from that led to the bedroom and bathroom and on the other side a kitchen that was walled off from the final room- the living room. The living room, the only room Harry and the man could currently see, was the emptiest of all holding a single couch, with a blanket and pillow thrown on it, Silk had been sleeping there, and coffee table.

"Do you want to have a seat...?"

"I can stand."

"Okay then..."

Harry stood there awkwardly, the crown of red, yellow, and white lilies- the bright flowers, and his namesake, having become his traditional mark- still sat on his head from his last duel earlier that week, his hair has been 'stained' a bright red as well so the strands were the same color as the red flowers that rested above them, and pulled loosely back. (They'd gone extra 'extra' as the previous leader of the circuit had insisted on strange attire, fittingly enough for the Masquerade Circuit- Asphodel was considering continuing the tradition to a lower extent; it had been kind of fun: like Halloween) His clothes didn't make him feel any less awkward under the sharp gaze as he was in a green tank top and dark red sweat pants.