6

As Silk bowed with her third title challenger and began the battle one of the other duelers began to make their way over to where the three of them were. Harry was comfortably perched on the railing and falling asleep on Ambroglio who was leaning on the railing beside him and Filius besides Ambroglio on a conjured stool to get a clear view of the event. The person who approached was tall and from the way they held themselves and watched their surroundings, they too were a skilled dueler, he'd easily learned the difference. The most notable feature they had was their long white hair, however.

    "Hello Filius... Ambroglio."

    "Lucius, a pleasure."  Ambroglio offered a fang filled grin and Filius nodded tensely.

   At their silence Lucius continued, "And who is this?"

   "Oh, that's Harry, he's Tiamat's." Ambroglio mentioned casually.

   The vague disdain made way for curiosity, "I wasn't aware she had a child."

    Filius cut in brightly, but pointedly, " Oh no, you're quite right, she's been taking care of him, but I don't think they're related, you'd have to ask one of them though, Ambroglio still needs to break his habit of starting rumors like that."

    Undeterred by Filius's reprimand, Ambroglio's grin widened, still verging on unfriendly despite Filius's growing disproving looks, "Aww, so that's a no on him being the secret love child of Dumbly-door and Tiamat and Harry Potter by adoption?" Filius shot an alarmed look at Harry that went unnoticed by the other two duelers as the vampire's eyes were still locked on Lucius reveling in his expression and the blond appeared, judging by the well hidden disturbed look, too busy trying to remove the thought from his mind. Still drifting off to sleep and only faintly aware of his surroundings, Harry didn't take much notice either.

      Cheers and groans rose up as another challenger fell before Samael's wand- or as they had been calling her, Tiamat- and another rose to take the fallen's place. Harry's last strains of consciousness faded off and he slipped off into a deep sleep. When he next woke he was in the familiar hotel room, but it was oddly empty, the scattered books were gone and the charmed food basket sat stacked on top of Silk's suitcase by the door, a backpack and a satchel stood beside it a cloak draped over the backpack. His own items were also packed away into his duffel bag, his basket resting beside it with a black and dark green jacket resting on it- little cat ears were attached to the hood and the jacket itself fell all the way down to mid thigh on him. He would stand out some in either world, but not too notably and the ears were no doubt able to stand on their own, but at the same time hollow as he occasionally still found himself gaining cat ears.

"Oh! You're up, Kitten."

He couldn't find it in himself to return the happy greeting even as he accepted the offered food- the food basket then being put away in the suitcase, "You're leaving."

"Yep. And if you like, you're leaving too. I mean the tournament here is over with so I'm out of here, but it's hardly like anything keeps you from joining me... so how would you like to join me, it'll sometimes be kinda isolated, but there's almost always a tournament to attend... and you'd get to see the world... if you don't want that's fine too... but we can still keep in touch... or I could stay a tiny bit longer..." It was clear his continued silence was making her nervous. Honestly he was nervous too despite knowing his answer.

"You don't mind me joining you...?"

"Course not, wouldn't have offered otherwise." There was no hesitation in her answer and he launched himself forward wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

     "So? What's it going to be Kitten?"

     "Of course I'm coming with you!"

     Silk grinned back happily, "So leave now or in the evening? We're all set to go so we could spend the day in diagon alley or we can spend it in the Silent Garden." The Silent Garden was what she called the hidden forest that her house was located in. Apparently it was a fitting name as sometimes, according to her, even the wind was unable to find its way through to breach the clearing the mansion was in- and the only animals that ever entered were ones she consciously allowed in- primarily mail owls.

     "I think it's time I see this famous garden, don't you? And I won't be able to properly explore it if it's dark out."

     She laughed beginning her favorite joke about his curiosity- he joined in finishing it, "Well you know, curiosity killed the kitten."  It had a double meaning because the first time his curiosity had gotten out of hand landing him in danger she had told him the full saying- it was the first time he had heard it- 'curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.' 

Was the answer worth your life.  I won't ever tell you not to take risks, you won't get anywhere if you only ever play it safe, but take calculated ones. Is whatever you're considering worth the risks?

     "What exactly is going to kill me in your empty forest again?"

      Silk grinned devilishly, "The man eating plants of course.... fine, fine, there are some poisonous plants, but that's the extent of the danger as long as you don't leave past the rock wall." They paused their eyes telling him she was dead serious, "and you won't go past the rock wall. There's alerts that will tell me if you do, but there are some... less safe, things in that area."

     "I won't."

     "Good and if you see any glowing yellow eyes out there don't mention the weather."

     "Oh, ha ha."

     Silk made a poor attempt to cover her laughter, "I'm serious, they take their weather very, very seriously, you'll never be descriptive enough and it's very important to them that you are."

     Grabbing the bags that rested by the door, and pulling on the coats, the two figures disappeared leaving behind an empty room.