Chapter 7: Barrels

Start from the beginning

What exactly was happening?

You moved backwards, putting your hands up in front of you in a defensive position.

Confusion was the only prominent emotion you could feel in that moment. Nothing was clicking together in your mind.

How was he showing up all around you? First the mirror and now a barrel of water? And why was he so focused on the music notes? Did they have some kind of special meaning?

You took a deep breath, trying your best to remain calm and composed.

You knew Jungkook-well, you didn't really know this particular Jungkook, but you knew enough to know when someone was trying to harm you...and he didn't feel that way...He kind of seem...lost and scared.

"You did seem them, didn't you?"

You jumped back as his voice rang in your head again, causing you to cover your ears in shock.

"Stop getting in my head." You scolded quietly, trying to block out the voice you had become familiar with.

"Stop running away from me."

Touche.

"You-"

"Y/n?"

You frowned at the voice that came from behind you, putting a fake smile on your face as you turned around slowly.

Jimin crossed his arms, his brows raising in what seemed to be curiosity.

Hoseok and Namjoon stood by his side, their eyes boring into your form as they took in your disheveled appearance.

"Y-Yes?" You squeaked, relieved that Jungkook seemed to go silent at the captain's voice.

Jimin took a step forward, his hand extending towards you.

"Are you alright?"

A loud ringing filled your ears as Jimin's hand brushed against your own, causing you to wince in pain and take a step back.

"Don't let him touch you!"

Jungkook's deep voice was all you could hear, the sound completely drowning out the loud waves that crashed around the ship.

Jimin's brows furrowed in concern at your actions, his eyes glancing back to the two men beside him before his attention was back on you.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Are you hurt somewhere, siren?"

You jumped back as he reached his hand towards your face, skin centimeters away from touching yours.

While you weren't exactly happy with Jungkook almost deafening you, you didn't want another piercing cry to fill your head again.

Confusion was clouding your mind. This had never happened before.

What exactly was going on with you?

A confused look fell over the blue haired man's face as you stumbled backwards, trying to put as much distance between the two of you as possible.

"What's going on, Y/n?" His voice was more stern this time, hands resting on his hips as he assessed your condition. "If you're ill, you must tell me. I cannot have a disease spreading among my crew."

You swallowed hard, eyes locking with Hoseok's for a brief moment.

You shivered.

He was glaring at you with the coldest look you had ever seen.

Why did he hate you so much?

"I'm not sick." You said, moving your gaze back to the captain. "I'm just....I'm having an off day."