Chapter 21: Overboard

"Being on board is more important than being overboard."

-Random Reflector

Well, this certainly isn't what you had in mind.

You grunted out as you dove behind a heavy, wooden crate, the sound of cannon fire booming in your eardrums as you allies fired on your ship, blowing a hole in the side of the railing.

You tsk'd in annoyance, reaching behind you and grabbing your pistol from your waistband.

"You'd think," You started, annoyed as you began loading your weapon. "That writing someone and telling them to be on the look out for mermaids would be enough for them to maybe--Oh I don't know--KEEP THEIR GUARDS UP!?"

You peered out from the crate, watching as the zombie-like men began reloading their cannons, their eyes glazed over from the mermaid's spell.

You'd sailed into their territory, ready to fight, but something didn't seem right with the ship sailing ahead of you...They had stopped moving.

Then they turned and started firing on you.

That's when you'd seen them.

Countless splashes at the base of Bluebeard's ship, sharp teeth and claws as they scratched at the wood of the vessel, shouting out commands to the sailors.

You'd admit, it was clever to have your enemies kill each other...After all, that's what you were currently doing.

You gasped as another cannon ball was fired, shooting through the door of the captain's quarters.

You huffed, blowing a strand of hair out of your face.

"Perfect."

They were reloading, now was your chance to move.

You moved from the crate, running to the other end of the deck and aiming your pistol at the large group of mermaids.

You didn't want to have to kill any of Bluebeard's men, if you could help it. They weren't your current enemy. No, your enemy was the mermaids controlling them.

You shot a round, killing one of the numerous beasts.

Your shot was enough to catch the attention of another mermaid, her eyes widening as her eyes met yours.

You frowned as she raised her hand, pointing towards you before yelling something to the rest of the monsters.

Then, all their attention was on you.

Your blue eyes widened as they let out a loud screech, diving beneath the waves and hastily swimming to the ship you stood on.

"Oh great." You mumbled. running from that side of the deck and rushing below deck.

You slammed the doors to the outside shut, turning to face the group of men you'd ordered to stay down here and keep their ears covered.

"I need a bigger gun." You stated, urgently, beginning to search through the armory. "Those things are heading this way, so be sure you-"

"Y/n."

You froze at Taehyung's low voice, slowly turning around to face the group of men.

A curse left your lips as you studied their blank expressions, eyes glazed over as they stared blankly at you, beginning to advance.

"Boys," You started, nervously. "I know you're still a bit sore about the whole 'selling you out' thing, but we can talk about this."

Yoongi sneered.