‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

The hack had started, and everyone's positions had changed. We were no longer in the single-file line that we started in and rather scattered. Jade and Becky rode towards the back of the group, while Mia and Suzie followed in front of them, leaving Zoe and me to be directly behind Pin.

Pin would often glance behind him, making sure everyone was still in order.

Not long after we began riding down-hill, Zoe sped up, taking her place directly beside Pin, who didn't even spare her a glance.

"Hey!" I just wanted to say sorry about the whole. 'Getting you arrested thing'." she chuckled nervously, making me cringe at her entire statement. Pin stayed silent, trying to ignore Zoe.

Seeing as Pin hadn't responded, Zoe tried again, "Look, I really am sorry," she sighed, "It was an idiot move. I should have known better."

More silence.

"And also... I- I saw you take something from that cabinet and-" she looked over at Pin with pleading eyes, "Is everything okay?"

I clenched my reigns tightly, not wanting to listen to this awkward conversation much longer.
If there's something about Zoe that I disliked, it was the fact that she didn't know when to stop. I must've pulled on the reigns a bit much, since Romeo halted and threw his head in annoyance, pulling forward on his bit, signalling he didn't like how close my contact was with his mouth.

This caused everyone's attention to turn to Romeo and his current tantrum. I loosened my reins and nudged Romeo back into a walk.

Then, it clicked. I needed a distraction of some sort, to make Zoe stop quizzing Pin. I clearly needed to think quickly because she started up again,

"Are you in trouble...?" she inquired, "Pin, whatever it is, let me help you..."
Pin visibly tensed, his entire demeanour was uncomfortable, anger practically emitting from his figure.

I guess you could say I'm glad I taught Romeo to rear on command.

I slid both my legs back and lightly kicked, shifting my weight back in the process, whilst I half-halted with the reins. Romeo whinnied loudly, rearing and steadying himself on his back legs.

Once again, everyone's attention was turned to Romeo once more, but this time, in fear that he might injure someone. Zoe's eyes widened, and the remainder of the group separated themselves from him.

What they didn't know, was he wasn't acting up and this was simply a trick. However, I decided to play with it slightly. As soon as his front legs hit the grass I cued him to canter.

We cantered in front of the group, halted at the flat of the field, as Romeo swung his head unhappy at my short reins.

"Woah, easy now." I acted, patting him reassuringly.

"Get that horse under control!" Mia glowered.

I gave her a look of sympathy, as Pin looked at me worriedly. I thought the distraction was sufficient enough for Zoe not to continue, but a few minutes of exchanged conversing between the group, assuring them Romeo was alright, Zoe began again.

"Pin, what am I supposed to think if you won't talk to me." she started. I huffed in defeat, squeezing my hands in annoyance.

Pin suddenly halted, causing the rest of the group to do the same. I looked at Pin with a confused expression as he gestured with his head towards the field. I furrowed my eyebrows as he looked over to Zoe, before turning to the rest of the group,

"Becky, you're in charge!" he shouted.

A Chorus of 'what's echoed throughout the group, whilst Becky blindly cheered, not knowing entirely what just happened.

With a shared glance, Pin took off towards the forest. I hastily attempted to follow after him. There was something off, the hoofbeats, there were 3...

I turned around, too see Zoe miraculously cantering Major while yelling after us.
"Pin, get back here!" she shrieked.

I frowned, turning to Pin, "You know she's not going to give up, right?" I said in a factual tone. Pin looked over at Zoe and rolled his eyes annoyingly.

"Zoe has only been riding for a mere week at most, We'll lose her, just try and keep up." his voice was out of breath. Pin sped up significantly, leaving me with no other choice but to follow.

Nearly galloping at this point, Pin led us through the woods, that soon connecting with the beach.

We were going at such an incredible speed, it felt euphoric. The wind tousled my hair, my wavy blonde locks swaying in the wind. I felt light, almost untouchable even. There was something about galloping through the beach that brought me such inner peace. I let out an airy chuckle, Pins gaze averting to my figure, a slight grin on his sharp features.