Easter Egg Hunting

(I wanted to write this because of what's going on. I have time before Easter tomorrow. Yes that's a holiday I celebrate. My sister is coming back from our Dad's tomorrow and I've missed her.) Here we go!

-xxx-

"Daddy!" Jellybean squeals as she runs around to find him.

Today was Easter Sunday, Jughead wasn't getting up and she wanted to find her Easter basket. She was hoping to find candy. She walked into the kitchen instantly noticing a plate of squiggly lined Easter Eggs on the counter top by the sink.

"He went to the store, Jellybean." She turned around to see Alice. A sad frown fell upon her face and she sat down on a bar stool at the Cooper-Jones island. "Oh..." She says as she started to look down at the marble.

Alice had noticed this, walked over to her and placed a comforting hand on the girl's right shoulder and gave a soft squeeze. Jellybean's face pulled a smile though her lips. "Don't worry, He and Jughead will be back soon." An idea popped into her head. "JB?" The girl looked up at her with questioning eyes. "How about you help me decorate some Easter Eggs with Juniper and Dagwood?"

Jellybean followed Alice into the dining room. To her surprise the room had newspaper all over the dining room's oak wood table. By the window sat Polly holding Juniper on her left leg, occasionally give little bounces to keep the small toddler calm, while over by the center of the table was three bowls, pour packets of food coloring dye and an empty styrofoam egg carton. Jellybean plopped into a chair next to Dagwood, who smiled at her.

"Hi." She cooed, causing Dag's smile to widened. "How are you this morning? I bet you woke your mom up extra early." Polly bobbed her head with a chuckle.

"Oh, yes, He did." Polly commented as she grabbed a boiled egg and dunked into the pink colored water. "I was sleeping and he jumped onto the bed and fell onto me. I couldn't even be upset because he started laughing and it was the cutest thing I've ever woken up to."

"I tried to wake up Jughead but I guessed he pranked me by a decoy of himself." Jellybean shook her head with a shiver." That dummy is too lifelike. It needs to go. From when he faked his death. Ahhh... it gives me The heebie-jeebies whenever I see it!"

"Me too, J." Alice agreed," He scared me with that in the garage when I went to park my van. He jumped out of the corner and I nearly hit the damn thing." It turned out to be his stupid dummy that looked horrifying like him.

Polly gasps." Are you kidding?" The two shook their heads," God, that's almost as bad as Cheryl keep Jason's Corpse in her basement." Polly shook her whole body at the thought. She couldn't believe Jason's sister had done that. Both JB and Alice visibly cringed.

"Anyways, JB, do you want to do the honors?" The girl eagerly nodded, earning cheesy smiles from the two adults in the room.

Jellybean grabbed an egg, chose the color she wanted to drop it in and waited. Polly bounded Juniper on her thigh as she carefully lifted the dyed egg out of the bowl and over to the carton. With a slight movement, she tilted the big spoon and gently placed the egg into the oval-shaped hole. Alice took out her phone and stood in front of the table.

"Everyone "say cheese." Jellybean puts a smile onto her face and brings her fingers up to make a the peace sign symbol. Alice snapped the picture and held her thumb up.

"A silly one?" JB suggested.

Polly stuck her finger in JB's ear as her mother took the picture. Jellybean laughs out loud at the thought of someone's finger in her ear. Alice laughed along with the two girls. Jellybean picked up Dagwood, turning to face him and stuck out her tongue. Dagwood giggled in response to that.

"We're back!" She heard her father announce.

Alice turned her head and smiled," You're just in time for pictures." FP groaned internally but nodded as he kissed his daughter on the forehead. He heard Alice take a picture of them. "FP, wanna take one of us?"

Jellybean, Polly and Alice stood side by side with their arms around each other's necks. FP smiles happily at the sight of his daughter, Alice and Polly smiling. He could get used this. Jughead walked in and was the crowd. He was honestly very confused.

"Jughead, get in the picture with us!" Alice shouted, and Jughead joined in.

"Ready?"

They nodded their heads." Yes."

"Wait!" Jughead and the others looked over at him. "Jughead, take off the beanie." Jughead groaned as he snatched the beanie off his head and threw out of the frame.

The sunshine was dazzling the sky as it peeled through the curtains. It made great lighting for the perfect family Portrait. A family these were the people he could see that happening with. Alice, Betty, Polly, Charles, including his kids is what made him feel like this was a family moment.

After pictures were done FP and Alice decided to call Charles and Betty. Betty came downstairs to see what the ruckus was and fell surprised on what she'd seen.

"It's time to find the baskets!" FP announced.

"Yes, finally!" JB exclaimed as she went to find her Easter basket.

-xxx-

"Dad!" FP looked up," I found all the eggs with Juniper and Dagwood." Announces JB. He smiled as he patted her on the head.

"I see that." A chuckle broke off his lips, he peered down to see the Easter basket littered with speckled eggs with spots. "Good work, Jelly."

"Grandpa!" The little boy screeched causing them whole room to dead silence.

FP looked at the boy with wide eyes and a soft gasp of shock fell through his lips. He couldn't believe his own ears. Alice and Polly exchanged glances and also couldn't believe it either. Polly never told them that FP was their grandfather. He isn't. Her father... Hal Cooper is or was before Penelope murdered him. She honestly didn't mind that her son called FP his grandpa.

"Daggie... sweetie... that's not grandpa." Polly told her young toddler. Three-year-old Dagwood pouted." But Mama... I don't have a papa." The tears in his eyes made FP's heart break for the poor child.

"Dag... your daddy isn't here anymore... remember I told you and your sister?" Dagwood nodded weakly as his eyes filled with tears. "Well... baby, your grandpa he's also not here anymore."

"In heaven?" Juniper asks as she saw her brother cry. Polly sighs as she looks up to the others for help. It wasn't easy to tell a child that the reason they didn't have a daddy or a grandpa was because his father killed him and her father was also murdered.

FP kneeled down in front of the fragile boy." Dagwood..." The boy looks up in confusion. " I can be your Grandpa. Would you like that?"

"Really?" FP nodded. The boy threw himself in his arms and he caught him in a hug." Grandpa." FP smiles at the sound of being called someone's grandpa.

"Thank you, FP." Polly says as she watches him in awe.

"You're welcome." He whispered as he squeezed the little boy in his arms.

Alice's heart swells up about ten times bigger as her grandson and granddaughter hugged and giggled as FP began tickling them.

This was something she could live with. The chance of FP and her family becoming one. The musical was a few days away and she couldn't wait. Her life was finally put back together. She had everything she ever needed. The perfect man, loving kids, an amazing job and most of all, FP.

He's the one what made that all possible. She walks up to him kissing him on the cheek and said," Welcome to the rest of your life. Do you think you are ready for this?"

He responded by wrapping his now free arms around her and tucked on her waist," Yes, bring on the crazy, Baby."

-xxx-

Happy Easter break everyone! Tomorrow is easter and I decided to write this before I didn't have time or it was too late. I hope you enjoyed.