Failed Attempt

Set in 1x11- Jughead finds himself in a sticky Situation. After digging too far into the Jason Blossom murder mystery, He gets himself into deep waters. Season one AU. I know it has no Falice but I wrote this last summer and I really like it.

Everyone told him he could get hurt. But he was too far in to realize. Fp was worried for his son. It had been a rocky road. His and Jughead's relationship had been broken. His drinking ruined their family. He regretted everything. He just wished he could go back. Take back the one mistake. The one that took his son's life.

The Night Of Homecoming

Jughead was taking the long way home. He looked up at the sky and tears fell from his eyes. His father was in prison for murdering Jason Blossom. He couldn't believe his father was capable of such horrific things. He heard heavy footsteps behind him. He sensed a cold feeling rush through his blood. He moved his feet quicker and then his vision blurred. He knew something hit him. He felt strong hands crushing him. He felt like he was going to die. He fought as hard and as long as he possibly could. His eyes begged for light. He couldn't open his eyes. He was afraid if he did. That would be the end. He wouldn't see Betty or his father again. He didn't care about his father hurting Jason. He just wished he was there to save him.

Everything started spinning, his lungs caved with loss of air and his legs felt as if they would just snap off. The dark consumed him and his last thought before he fell to the dark was... how am I going to get out of here?

10:34pm, Betty stared at the her phone hoping Jughead would answer her texts. She groaned in frustration as another text read as delivered. She sent that text an hour ago. Something wasn't right. Was he really that anger with her? He did say he was going to pass up a move to Toledo to be with her. She really did fuck up. She arrived at Pop's shoppe hoping she would find him there. He was always known by Pop Tate as Night Hawk. But when she got there. Pop Tate shrugged his shoulders and lowered his eyes. He hadn't shown up. That confused Pop Tate and Betty. He always chows down a burger.

Three blocks away, Archie looks all over streets for his former best friend. He feels like the worst friend. He hurt him so badly just to prove that Fp was involved somehow. He didn't think he was actually killer. The gun wasn't there when He and Veronica broke in. Someone had planted it there after they left. Knowing that Archie and Veronica has snuck in. But the answer was who. Who had enough motive to pin the murder on another person?

Three hours later, The gang got an interesting call. Archie, Betty, Veronica, Kevin and Cheryl all met up in Archie's garage. Betty wanted Cheryl to be there. She didn't trust the Blossoms and her and Cheryl had gotten closer since Polly was having the Blossom twins.

Betty who was sitting on the other side of the couch spoke up after everyone arrived. "So did anyone else get this weird text?" Betty asked with suspicion in her voice as she pulled out her phone.

Everyone looked at the text in disbelief. Archie took Betty's phone and examined the words throughly. "If you want the truth meet by the docks- J." This didn't make sense. Archie looked over at Betty. Her eyes were red and puffy. And then Cheryl gasped. She already knew.

"Oh my god! We have to go now!" Cheryl's voice startled the group as she went for the door. Everyone exchanged worried looks before following Cheryl's direction.

A short drive to the docks in Cheryl's car made everyone's stomachs twist and churn. Betty spent the whole drive digging her nails into her palms anxiously as they arrived at the docks. Archie was the first to exit the car and follow the lit up path. Cheryl looked at the lights and had a gnawing feeling in her stomach. Veronica and Kevin slowly followed Archie. Archie looked forward and noticed a small crumped up paper on the stone. He picked it up and unfolded the paper and his stomach sunk into a bottomless pit. Cheryl and Betty held hands tightly as Archie's voice shook as he read the note.