"Mm." Lucas frowned sympathetically.

"Why? What did you have in mind?" Jens wiggles his eyebrows at Lucas suggestively and Lucas scoffed at him.

"Oh my god."

"Am I trying too hard?" Jens was laughing too.

"I mean..."

     "Oh my god, it worked?"

Lucas laughed out loud.

"I mean..."

Jens began to laugh harder, his eyes almost closing under his smile. Lucas thought it was precious. He stared at Jens, still laughing, until Jens's laughter slowed down.

"What?" Jens asked. Luca hasn't realised he was staring at Jens. Gazing at Jens.

"You're beautiful."

JENS
He said it like it was obvious, like of course that's why he was looking him, why else? Jens's heart skipped a beat.

"Okay." He felt his voice almost crack.

Lucas made a face like he was thinking and then said, "I like your face."

"Why thank you."

"A good face."

"I like your face too."

Lucas smiled. Jesus. They were like middle schoolers in their first relationship. Jens loved it.

"I like your hands, too," Lucas said.

"What about my hands?" Jens quirked his eyebrows at him.

"They're pretty, you idiot." Lucas's face turned pink.

Jens laughed and held his phone up, switching the camera to direct it at his hand. He held his hand out and wiggled his fingers, watching as Lucas lifted his chin to watch, smiling.

"Pretty?" Jens said.

"Very."

Jens scoffed and said, "You're weird."

Jens's heart practically palpitated when he heard Lucas giggle.

LUCAS
"Oh hey, guess what?" Jens asked.

"What?"

"Tomorrow's my birthday."

"What?" Lucas sat up, holding his phone in front of him. His jaw dropped, his eyes wide, as he repeated, "What?"

Jens began to giggle, covering his mouth and nodding, his eyes squinting under his laughter.

"Tomorrow is what?" Lucas looked around his room, at the small pile of clothes he had tossed on the ground. "I don't — I don't have anything for you!"

"No, you don't need anything!" Lucas watched as Jens sat up.

"But... It's your birthday."

Jens waved his hand dismissively.

"I don't need anything."

Lucas laid back down, looking at Jens softly.

"What are you doing to celebrate?"

"Uh," Jens sighed, leaning back. "Probably not much. The guys will probably do something at school. My mom is making pizza for dinner."

Lucas scoffed. "You do like pizza."

"I do like pizza." Jens paused. "Do you want to come over for dinner?"

Lucas stared for a second.

"Really?"

Jens furrowed his brow and nodded, like Obviously. Lucas grinned, his eyes almost disappearing.

"Yeah, that sounds fun."

"If you don't think it'll be weird. Dinner with my mom and sister."

"Birthday dinner," Lucas emphasised, pretending to be upset.

Jens grimaced, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah..."

They stared at each other for a few seconds, their eyes softly smiling.

"So, dinner?" Jens asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah."

They both smiled, a little awkward and a little shy.

Jens leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, and propped his chin on his palm.

"Birthday dinner with my boyfriend."

Lucas's smile grew as he turned the words over in his head.

"Birthday dinner with your boyfriend."