Sequence 18: Goodbye?

Start from the beginning

"..." A frown grew on y/n's face. He felt stupid for almost telling the truth. He sighs before speaking again. "I've...I've been needing some time to myself."

"Really?" Ruby asks, concerned. "How come?"

"Oh, uhhh...family issues. I was told some... things recently, and I just needed some time to myself to-."

"Think things through?" Yang finishes. Everyone gave her a confused look. "Trust me, I know how that feels."

Y/n simply nods, knowing it's probably for the best to not push for information. For a few seconds there was a moment of silence. The girls soon offered to let y/n into their dorm. Y/n accepts the offer and steps in. Once he was in, he looks around before focusing on the three.

"So..." He says, hoping for someone to say something. And to his luck Blake did, who sat in the chair of their desk.

"When will you be back in class?" She asks as Yang and Ruby went and sat on their beds.

Y/n hesitates. He averts his gaze whilst scratching his cheek. "I'm...not going back..." He mutters.

"..." The three girls looks at him strangely, as if not understanding a joke they were just told. Eventually it clicked to them, almost making them jump out of their spots. "...WHAT?!" They yelled in unison.

Y/n flinches, not expecting their response. "Ow! Don't need to scream!" He covers his ears.

"But why?!" Yang yells worryingly and confused. "Are you seriously dropping out?!"

"Maybe?" Y/n shrugs, receiving cold stares from the others. He continues when they relax a little. "Look, I'm not going back this year. There's really no point. I might rejoin next year though."

"Does Ozpin know about this?" Blake asks.

Y/n nods. "Yeah. He and I talked about it before I came here. So no need to tell him."

Blake raises an eyebrow. "And he's okay with it?"

"I guess. He kinda owes me so..."

Ruby tilts her head. "Owes you? Why?"

Y/n hesitates once again. "That's...something classified." Before the girls could question him he quickly changed the subject. "But enough about me, hows Summer?"

"She's good." Ruby replies. "She went back to Patch to wait for our dad to return from his mission."

Y/n felt relieved. "That's good. I was worried about her."

"Worried?" Yang asks. Suddenly an idea came to her. "Don't tell me you like our mom." She says playfully.

Y/n was caught off guard by that. "What?! N-no! It's not like that!" He could feel his face heat up. "We kinda became friends after I met her and as a FRIEND, I was worried, okay?"

"Mmhm. Sure." A grin grew on Yang's face.

"Jeez." The blush on y/n soon fades. "But anyway, what were you four up to?"

"We were about to start training for the Vital Tournament." Blake says.

"Yeah! We're going to kick butt!" Ruby shouts in excitement.

Y/n couldn't help but chuckle. "I bet you guys will."

"Are you going to watch us?" Yang asks.

Y/n shrugs. "I'm not planning on leaving Vale any time soon, so why not? I'm just staying with my cousin for a while."

"What about your siblings?" Blake questions.

"What about them?" Y/n asks in confusion.

"Are you going to watch them?"