Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19:

‘Ummm…’ His face actually killed me; he looked so lost and confused,

‘What the hell was that about char?’

Stephanie, I’ll call you back. I hung up.

‘Answer me char.’ Louis demanded, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him. I cracked under his hard gaze,

‘I’m moving.’

‘Okay, why?’

‘Because I need change.’ I sigh

‘And why was that so difficult to tell me?’ he said, hugging my side and pulling me backwards so that we were lying down again.

‘That’s not all of it.’

‘Go on…’ He prompted,

‘I have a new job.’ He looked confused,

‘But you only started this job like 2 months ago.’

‘I know but this one’s better.’

‘You can’t get much better than manager of the O2 unless you leave the country.’ He joked, chuckling quietly, until he suddenly fell silent. ‘Please don’t tell me this is what I think it is.’

‘I’m sorry Louis, it’s for the best.’

‘Where are you going?’

‘New York.’

‘And what’s the job?’

‘MSG, manager again. I don’t blame you if you hate me.’ I looked away in shame,

‘I’m so proud of you.’

To be honest, I expected him to walk out as soon as I announced the job is in New York, so when he tells me he’s proud of me…

‘I am so proud of you Char, you don’t even know. But that doesn’t mean I won’t be fighting for you to stay and I won’t be giving up.’ With that he gets up, kisses my forehead and disappears into the bathroom. I laid there for a good ten minutes before actually getting up and going into the kitchen where I started to make breakfast. I was half way through cooking a pancake when a pair of hands snaked around my waist.

‘Are they for me?’ He whispered in my ear,

‘Yeah, they’re nearly ready, just one more minute.’

‘I need to dart off then.’

‘Really?’ I cried, ‘I thought we could just spend the day together for once.’

‘It’s only an interview; I’ll be back for lunch.’

‘Couldn’t I come along?’ I suggested hopefully,

‘Actually, that’s a great idea’ He said, turning around to start getting the breakfast table ready, ‘We could get lunch together afterwards.’

‘Okay then,’ I said, offering a slight smile as I started to dish the pancake up, ‘I’ll start getting ready to go.’

‘It’s pretty formal babe.’

‘Okey dokey,’

‘And pretty big and popular.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He wasn’t kidding I thought as I took my seat at the front of the huge audience now assembling ready for the chat show. Louis had warned me that I may be involved, of course I had a problem with that and begged for a seat at the back or to just stand in the wings but Louis pulled out the face and won me over. So here I was, legs crossed to keep my dignity in a short, grey and gold hinted, curve hugging dress with white heels and white accessories- Louis might’ve had a say in it. To say I was nervous when the lights dimmed and the theme music to Chatty Man came on might well be an understatement…