Chapter 19-Love You, You Jerk

Start from the beginning

"Aw, you guys look so cute. You look like you're close, too." She said, smiling widely. "Must make the boyfriend jealous."

I smiled sadly.

"No boyfriend. I liked Stephen's brother Kylar, but he played me until Stephen told me what he was like."

She let out a little gasp.

"Oh, my, I'm so sorry for bringing it up-"

"It's fine, Rach. It was over a month ago. I'm healing." I said, patting her arm.

She grimaced, but nodded.

"So, who's the lucky one who gets to be your bff?" I asked.

"Well, I have two. Catrinah and this nut here." She said, nudging Matt.

He smiled cheekily, but wisely stayed out of our conversation this time.

"What do you want to do after high school?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Oh, well, nothing really. I just want to get married and have a family."

I saw Matt's cheeks redden adorably, but just grinned to myself and said nothing.

"Katana? Time to go."

I turned to face my mother.

"Alright."

"Mrs. Winters? Would it be okay for her to stay and I can just bring her home after? I live just down the street from your house." Justin asked befor I could leave.

My mother just smiled thinly and said. "I'm sorry..."

"Justin."

"I'm sorry, Justin, but my daughter is coming home with me. I believe it would be innapropriate for her to be driven around by a stranger, much less a boy. Come along dear."

I palmed my face, mortified at how my mom had spoken so rudely to Justin.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, before following my mom out to the car, avoiding everyone as I went.

I got in the car and my mom started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"The nerve of that young man! He was so foreward!" My mom started ranting before we had gotten very far. "He probably just wanted to take you somewhere and-"

"MOM! He's very nice! He wouldn't try anything!" I said emphatically.

"You don't know that, young lady! You're just too young and naïve to know any better."

"I know more than you think." I said, crossing my arms over my chest and looking out the window.

"What's that on your wrist?" She asked, abruptly changing the conversation.

Apparently she hadn't noticed because of the long sleeves of the black shawl I was wearing.

"I broke my wrist yesterday. Not that you care." I said, mumbling the last part.

"What?! And you were going to tell us this when?" She exclaimed.

"Didn't think it mattered."

"Of course it matters! How did you get it set?"

"I went to the hospital. Justin and Matt took me."

Her eyes narrowed.

"So you went with two complete strangers? Instead of coming and telling your father and I?"

"Yup."

"You are a very irrisponsible girl. You didn't know those two from Adam. You didn't know whether they were ex-cons, serial rapists, or what! I didn't raise you this way! I raised you with a lot more sense than this!" My mom was practically shouting by the time she was done.

We pulled up the driveway and into the garage.

"Gee, didn't know that I was such a disappointment to you." I said getting out, the sticking my head back in. "Oh, wait. I did."

I slammed the door, went inside and flopped on my bed after locking the door.

I looked at my phone and saw that I had a text from Stephen.

Hey gurl, im tired too but we have to finish the marvel movies. friday?

-S

I smiled before replying.

Sure thing dude.

-K

How was the new church?

-S

Fine. I met some new friends and Matt & Justin go there 2.

-K

Thats good. Im glad youre replacing me haha.

-S

Soooo funny stephen. Im lmao.

-K

*gasp*

-S

What???

-K

You used the a-word!!! :o ;)

-S

-_- Youre in the wrong profession.

-K

Why?

-S

You should become a comedian.

-K

Yeah, whatever. Gotta go. Love ya! :)

-S

Sure, stephen. Abandon me.

-K

You know you love me though.

-S

Nope.

-K

Say it.

-S

Nope!

-K

Say it!

-S

No way, hosea!

-K

SAY IT!!!!!!!

-S

Fine. Love you, you jerk. <3 :P

-K

I smirked and quickly shut the conversation down before he could reply with another insult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I know this chapter is kinda a filler, but....

Alright, thanks for reading! You're awesome so have an awesome day/night!!! :)

Peace out!

~Mandie