7:

Chapter 7:

Edited by TheHardieBoy

"And how can the world want me to change? They're the ones that stay the same, they don't know me. Cause I'm not here."

~I'm still here, Goo goo dolls

-

-

-

Huey:

Huey wanted to believe his brother was alright. but he couldn't bring himself to.

Something was obviously wrong, and it might be something bigger than Huey realized.

While he tried to wake Louie up, he noticed the black patch of skin.

That was not natural.

He could only think of one person to ask about this. But he wanted to wait until he had a moment to talk to Louie about it alone.

Louie:

Entering a cave was a lot harder than it used to be.

"Enter, Louie."

"No don't! It's terrifying!"

Scrooge used to just walk in, and Louie had no problems.

"Louie, you can't let her believe you're too scared to handle this."

"But you are too scared to handle this."

Now he knows what happens when you enter a cave.

"Every time you enter a cave, you're betting your own life."

'Stop it!' Louie thought to himself. How does he stop the fear and paranoia?

'Think of something else.'

"According to the legend, this gem provides power to the powerless and shelters the crowded. It's destined for greatness and only allows few to feel its power, otherwise it'll break into a million pieces and lose its power to a new source. Isn't that exciting?" Della asked.

All the kids nodded, so Louie followed their lead. He didn't hear a single thing she said, but frankly, he didn't care.

He wished for a second that this adventure was over. He wanted to be anywhere else.

Preferably at home with Donald. He never asked complicated questions or raised complicated feelings.

There was no question about trusting Donald.

There's always a question about Della.

Della's talking was only muffled in the background of Louie's thoughts. Weirdly enough, he wanted to know what Della was saying but didn't care enough to listen. Everything at the moment seemed fake, like Louie was there but felt like he wasn't.

He felt the patch on his skin grow like his dream, but he didn't freak out. He didn't stop it, not like he could anyhow.

In reality, Louie wasn't all there anyway.

They reached to the end of the cave a while later...

__________________________________

Louie didn't know what came over him. He had no idea how the gem was in his hands, but it was, and it was beautiful. He didn't remember grabbing it, but he wasn't sorry.

"Louie! What are you doing? That might be cursed!" Della yelled.

Everything seemed to be going so fast yet so slow at the same time. At that moment, he felt as if he didn't exist even if everyone had their attention on him.