Chapter 20

"Well... what I'm trying to say is that you are the one I've been looking for Y/n..." My entire world froze. I had to process that all of this applied to me. It can't be... I...I... I don't understand. This shouldn't be possible.

"You..." The girl looked up at me. As she was staring into space it seems while waiting for me to respond. "Your lying..! You must be lying! Meliodas would of told me this! I know he would of!" I stood up and walked a few steps back from her. She stood up and tried to walk towards me. She reached out to me with her left hand. The right one still covered by her cape.
"I'm not ly—" But I interrupted her.
"You are lying! I know you. Heck! Why should I trust you?! You helped in killing Meliodas!" She stayed still for a moment, than looked hurt. Her eyes seemed to be staring at some in the far left for a few seconds before retaining her attention back on to me.

"Oh... is that really what you believe? My dear, I believe you've been the one who has been lied too" What? I stopped walking away from her. She just stared at me while I did the same to her. Millions of thoughts ran threw my head. What is she talking about? I've been lied too? Impossible! I saw the demons do it before my own eyes.

My thoughts we stopped by the feeling of a cold hand grabbed my own. It was the mysterious girl again. I mean who else would it be. She stared into my eyes with a very caring look. She just held my own while I was still very tense and confused on what was happening. She than lifted her other arm which was completely demonic. I just stared at it as it reached up and held my hand with the girl's other hand. She lifted it so it ended up that both my hands were inclosed in hers. I was very confused about the demon hand.
"If you are worried about the demon arm it's because when I was younger I got attacked by some Goddesses and the cut my arm off. They used some special sword that could be used against demons. And at such a young age I didn't know how to regenerate it so I got some kind of replacement. But back to what's important" I continued to stare at her waiting for what I needed to hear.

"You know how one of your fellow sins has control over the mind and such" There was only one person I could think of.
"Gowther..."
"I'm so sorry to say but he manipulated your memories. He tricked you into thinking that we killed Meliodas when in actuality it was the same people who you thought were your team mates"

I didn't want to believe this but Gowther does have that power. So could it be true? Did they betray me? Did they betray him!!! How dare they betray their captain?! How dare they betray Meliodas! That is unforgivable! If it was only me they betrayed it would of been fine but no! They betrayed him, they betrayed Meliodas! But what if she's lying. If her story was correct why would she lie to me? Because she's a demon! But I'm one as well, technically. What do i do? Who do i believe?
"You must be lying! They'd never do that to him! Meliodas was their captain!" Her face didn't show any change, she just continued to keep that caring look which felt like it was breaking me in.

"They'd never do that!"
"They'd never do that"
"They'd never do that..." Tears started to swell up in my eyes. Did they really betray him?! Chrissy could of found what i did. And this is just revenge for what i had done to her and her family. Or maybe they all have something against Meliodas and this was the perfect time to attack but they lied to me so that i wouldn't attack them. I don't know what to believe anymore. Do i trust that my friends wouldn't do that to Meliodas or the girl who claims to be my other half to a person? My sister if we are speaking normally.

"I'm so sorry my dear but it is true. Trust me." What do i do? Do i trust my 'friends'? Or do i trust somebody who has technically always been connected to me my entire life?
"And if you still see us as villains. You should know that you belong here then" The tears in my eyes had disappeared as my eyes widen. Is she talking about that? She can't be talking about it. She's been locked away for 3000 years.