'Girls in the streets'

I just realised that this song could connect with one of my characters who comes from a rough background. Christine, or Chrissy of course. Of course the original song was called 'Boys on the streets' by Greg Holden. This girl did an amazing cover of the song. So this chapter is technically a songfic. Also go check this girl's cover out and show some support! Anyway onto the chapter! Of course, this is shedding more light onto Victoria Spectrum the mother of Christine, Louisa and Austin. And more light on Chrissy's backstory.

P.S. This is in Chrissy's POV and the song part is in italics. Oh and that i will change the lyrics if they don't fit the story.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

'When I was younger~
My mother told me~'

Dang it! I had failed again. Why is it so hard to balance books on somebody's head? And mother was watching this time. I over heard father saying that she needs to be tougher on me and she followed his words. I watched her walk over to me disappointed.
"You'll never amount to nothing special!"
Than she walked away from me. I felt the disappointment in her voice. I felt tears begin to swell in my eyes. But this wouldn't be the last time.

'She'd come at me from every angle~
She'd say'

I don't understand why i was called to see them, i don't believe i did anything. I had only just came back from visiting somebody close to me. A peasant girl named Bluebell, she was a wonderful girl, so kind! But father sat in silence on his throne with rage written on his face while Mother stood in front of me. I was sitting on the floor so i was looking up at her, while she had pushed me onto the floor in rage.

"'You're the last thing i wanted~
The last thing i need~
How am i gonna answer when my friends tell me?'"
Mother paused for a moment. What looked like tears showed in her eyes. She than spoke again, in a sad voice.
"'My love~
Was kissing girls in the streets...'"
How did she? No. She found out! That means father knew as well! Does that mean I'm going in the cellar again?

'My love~
Was kissing girls in the streets'

After that, father ordered the guards to throw me into my cellar. For an day hoping that I'd stop but i loved the girl.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

'She tried to change me'

"You see when your older, you two will have to marry men preferable princes to help unite our lands but if you don't marry princes make sure it's a man of wealth. So he can properly take care of you." Mother was teaching me and Louisa about what would be great in our future. I just wish i could get out of here and hang out with Bluebell again. I brought her a gift and have been wanting to see her react since i brought it.

"Mother"

"Yes Christine."

"What if we don't... ummm... want to marry a prince or a ...man" Why did i say that?! Mother grew angry while Louisa looked at me terrified but not of me. Of mother!

"We have had this talk before Christine! Your father has told me to teach this so you grow up to have a happy life! Stop thinking about being with girls!" I can't let her push me around like I'm garbage.

"But mom! I love her! I don't like dating men!" She was furious.

"You stupid child!
'You're embarrassing you're country
How could you do this to your family?
Do you want to grow up being lonely?'" Mother was probably right, the real world hates people like me. Bluebell might leave me to keep her social status from going lower than it can. She stopped shouting and continued teaching us like she was before.