Chapter 17

Oh Meliodas...
You finally have your powers back. This is absolutely wonderful! Now we will have a chance to bet the demon race. I mean he was chosen to be the next demon king before he betrayed them. So as long as he can use all of his power without losing control. I broke out of my thoughts because i felt a hand touching my shoulder.

"Y/n, what are you doing? This isn't like you or well i never expected you to be the type to enjoy looking at the sky." It was Louisa. I'm guessing the baby has been delivered, finally.
"I'm not, i was just thinking about something"

"About how the sins will react to you returning and about your power level?" I just looked at her shocked. She giggled than pointed to where her brain would be.
"Super intelligence, remember?"
"Oh"

"Just by looking at your expressions and body language and basing of what Christine had told me prior. It was pretty obvious. Estrella has found out and told me your power level and i have to ask, is the reason it was hidden was so they wouldn't hate you for leaving."

"Pretty much. I didn't want to seem selfish for leaving. I know if they get Elizabeth they'll be able to revive the entire race but it is the reason i came here. I need my scythe, it may take a lot of energy but with it my power is boosted and i can handle using stronger attacks. But if i return, they might hate me more. I don't think i could handle that. For most of my deals, I could only depend on those i made a deal with. Because when you explain to somebody that some old ghost is possessing you. They kill you off for being crazy, I've lost many like that. But with some, we just had each other. Your mother and Chrissy were different though. Your mother, Victoria. She'd find way to gain more energy for me, she wanted to help me out so much. She wanted to venture the world with me and i wanted the same with her. But when she got married and had you all, we couldn't really achieve it but she still wanted me to be happy and well alive. You wanna know something cool?"
"What?"
"I met you and Chrissy before even making the deal with Chrissy."
"Wait really? I don't remember this."

"You see. If i had kept all the energy that Victoria had given me in the 9 years we were together, i would of been alive sooner. I stayed in my ghost form a lot but was always near Victoria. When you were about 4-ish and Chrissy was nearly 7, Victoria was pregnant with Austin. You both went exploring into the forest after you snuck away from the castle. I had saw both of you go, so i made an excuse and went after the both of you. I need to make sure you both were safe. So i just followed you both and of course you couldn't see me. Me and Victoria had only been in a deal for a few years then. But i had a lot of energy stored. Something happened and you two nearly got killed. So i used the built up energy and made up a body. I made the being wear a black cloak and mask, because the being didn't have really have proper facial features. I lead the people away from you two and killed them. You both ran back to the castle, what mattered was that you were both safe. But i used up all the energy so me and Victoria would have to wait more. She didn't mind though because without me, well Austin would be on the throne so that would be terrible."

"Wow. You saved my life and i was too young to remember. You really are wonderful even though you did have to kill which isn't a good thing. You know even if you didn't become my protector, i would of given you back your weapon just to know something about you." This time i was shocked.
"You are apart of my family, you are one of the people. I read about and admired. When i learned about the deals you made, i have to say i was quite jealous. You are a complete legend, I'm just honoured i got to met you now. I'm sorry if i sound weird." She looked away, was she upset? I didn't know what to say, so i just hugged her. She was tense at first but she warmed up to it.
"May i ask you something?"
"Sure"
"What happened to my mother and fathers body." I stayed silent. Should i tell her? She looked up into my eyes. She deserves to know the truth.