Chapter 56: The Big Chill & Ice Storm

The two laid out on a container on the docks and exhaled, "How much longer?" Cassie whines. "One or two more to go." Cole answers and Cassie rolls onto herself. "Damn, how much longer until the city is saved?" she asks again, "Hopefully, not that long," he answers than her phone went off and she answers it. "Our Ice gang friend, let's just say he put on some weight, has been asking to meet," Kuo informs her.

Cassie just groans, "On our way." she states and sat up, Cole sat up, then pulls himself to his feet and helps her up. They ran out of the dock and stood in front of the warehouse and not long after the ally came to meet them, but he was now a Titan, this sets Cassie on edge. "See what I've become! Nothing can stop me now. Let's test our strength!" he calls out then he turns to the warehouse "They're inside, let's make a door." he states and broke down the door with the ice boulders.

Then the both of them ran inside and Cole threw out an Ionic Freeze as Cassie combines it with her vortex and the frozen ice men went flying as their ally finished them off. "This is how it feels to be a true Conduit!" he calls out and marches forward. "Ha hahaha! The power!" he laughs as the icemen fired at him, but ice ally and the two conduits fired back at them and they laid on the heat.

Once they were all dead, their ally just laughs, "I'm as strong as you, Cole. Cassandra!" he calls out and the two just looked up at him. And they were on the other side of the warehouse. "Two more of them are getting away!" Kuo warns them. "Not for long." Cassie states and she looks up at the Titan. "Hey!" she calls out and he looks down at her, "Throw us," she orders, the man laughs and picks the both of them up. "Enjoy the flight," he states and threw both of them.

Then they were soaring in the air and over the icemen, Cole lands on top of one, breaking his neck as Cassie pulls lose her whip and flicks it, wrapping it around the ice man's neck and with a tug, she breaks his neck. Once he drops, Cassie lands on the ground and Cole ran up to her. "That was fun." she mutters and Cole nods at her, "Come on, let's go take care of the rest while we still can," he states.

She nods at him, pulling her whip loses, then wraps it around her waist and took off running after Cole, but she was worried about their Ice alley, how long before he started to lose his mind to the powers of the Conduit that were forced onto him, she knew it wouldn't be long now.

~8~8~8~

Cole and Cassie were sitting on the containers as they were taking a few breathers, but then her phone went off and she answers it. "After you cleared out that warehouse, the ice gang moved right on moved right in. Meet up with my boys, and let's make sure it sticks this time!" Laroche informs her. Cassie leans forward as she sighs, "On our way." she mutters and hung up.

Then they both stood up and jump off the container and hurried down the street and back to the warehouse. Laroche's men were waiting for them and they lead the charge, "Lead the way, you two! My men will provide covering fire!" Laroche informs them and the two combined their powers and sent the frozen Icemen flying into the air, the rebels fired onto the icemen.

Cassie recharges and she took out the ice men were grenades, the ice men fell one by one until the Titan was left. "Watched that big one! Shoot it! Shoot it!" Laroche calls out over the phone and Cassie fired rockets at it as Cole threw grenades at it. Then both of the arms broke off and Cole took his chance and charged at the Titan, pulling out his amp. He then jumps into the air and ramps the amp under the plating, he then reels back, breaking the off and with a charge, the plating came off and exposes the face, Cassie then threw grenades at the face and it kills him a lot quicker.

Then it gags for air but shatters into a million pieces and Cassie exhales as she bends forward, Cole stood next to her and pats her back.