Chapter 28: Good gets Better

They return to the roofs and jumps from one roof to another and then back to a stop as they saw Zeke and then they headed for him. They jump down onto the roof and walk up to him, "Detective Dumbar, you on a stakeout?" Cole jokes as Zeke looks at him. Zeke huffs and looks through his binoculars again, "Yeah, sort of. Remember that machine that Bertrand used on Kuo?" he asks them, "Yeah, wish I destroyed it." Cassie mutters, "We'' I just found out there's two of them and I heard it's being moved around." he informs them and they both look at him. "You're shitting me," she states.

Zeke shook his head at her, "'Fraid not. I'm guessing it'll end up here." he informs them, Cassie just exhales. "Huh," Cole mutters and then he looks at Cassie, she nods at him and pulls out her blast Core. "Hey listen, you mind sticking around while Cassie and I sleep these off?" Cole asks him as they both held up their blast cores. Zeke shook his head at them, "Nah, man. I ain't going nowhere." he informs them and then coughs. They both looked at him as Cassie places her hand on his shoulder. Zeke exhales as his cough stops. "You alright?" Cole asks him, Zeke nods at him. "Yeah, fit as a fiddle," he answers, but Cassie felt like that was no ordinary cough. But she kept that to herself and removes her hand and steps away from Zeke. "That's a big ass fiddle." Cole jokes as he was standing next to Cassie.

He exhales and then looks at her, "See you in the morning." he tells her, she smiles and looks at him, "Ditto." she answers. Zeke goes back to look out and then they both nod their head at each other and charges their blast cores. The blast cores then lifted them up into the air and they were overcharged with power. Then after the overcharge, they both collapsed against the ground as they both were out cold.

~8~8~8~

Absorb the energy of 4 more blast cores to use the RFI

The Beast is 731 miles from New Marais

Morning came as Cassie flutters her eyes open and groans in pain as she rolls onto her back, "God, I wish that, that was easier." she mutters and then rolls back onto her side and forces herself up onto her knees. Then Cole woke up as well, "That is not getting any easier." Cole mutters as Zeke looks over at them and walks up to them as they force themselves to their feet. "Anything good?" Zeke asks them. Cassie rotates her neck cracking it and rotates her shoulders. "I'm starting to feel it." Cole answers, "I feel something." Cassie answers him.

They both looked at the roof, they smirk, then they ran for it, jumps and glided across to the next roof. They both landed on to roof with smiles on their faces "Whoo!" Cassie shouts with her fist in their air, "That's what I've been missing." Cole shouts and they both high-five each other. They then jump down and Cassie lands on a car as Cole landed on the sidewalk. Cassie then went to jump but her power charged up and shot her in the air a few feet high. "Whoa!" she mutters as Cole saw it as well. She then glides down to him and lands next to him. "Whoa, what else can we do?" she mutters as Cole just laughs. "Come on, let's get to the roof," he tells her.

She nods at him and then they ran for it, they then jump onto the side of the building and they climb up to the top of the roof and used their precision power. "Yeah!" Cassie shouts as they got some of their old powers back. "Oh, we're going to have so much fun," she states, Cole looks at her and ruffles her head. But then Cole's phone started to ring and he answers it. "Cole, baby, you and Cass-Cass wanna play a little show and tell? I got something that'll blow your mind," she informs them, they both look at each other, the call then ended and they both then ran to the edge of the roof and jumps.