Chapter 13: Bomb Scare

Cole stretches his arms and twist his back as Cassie took pictures of random things she could find, she even took a picture of Cole, he glares at her and she just smiles at him, but he shook his head, took her camera, pulls her in and points the camera at them as they both smiled.

They laugh as he pulls away and handed her back the camera, but then they bomb into a man in a white hoodie as he looked worried, "What's wrong she asks him, "I found something stuck to the wall. Maybe it's nothing, but you can never too careful in this town." he warns them. They both nodded at him and he leads them over to the thing that was on the wall, it was glowing, so Cassie walks closer to it, walking past the people that gathered around it, she looks and studies it with her eyes, but then realized that it was also ticking and it click in her head, making her turn. "Everyone move!" she shouts at them, but it was too late, the bomb went off and it sends everyone flying back, Cole and Cassie groan as they smack against the ground in pain, Cole flips onto his feet as Cassie pulls herself up, rubbing the back of her neck, "Okay, that hurt." she mutters and Cole walks up to her, you alright?" he asks her, she nods at him, "The side of my face hurts, but other than that, I'm great," she mutters, Cole pats her shoulder as the man ran past them.

And into the alley, "Hey, I think I found another bomb." he calls out, the two look down the alley and followed him in, seeing another bomb, but Cole ran up to it and then drains it of it power, defusing the bomb then drains it off power, he then reaches his hand out to the glow and absorb the blast shards that were stored in it. This surprises Cassie as she was surprised and walks up to him, "What the hell?" she questions him, he shrugs at her, then he quickly dials his friend, "Zeke, looks like someone's making bombs out of blast shards." Cole warns him. "That's all the more for you to collect, right." Zeke informs him and Cole turns off his phone, "He's right you know." Cassie informs him and he looks at her, he thinks for a moment and shrugs at her, "True, but..." he states, "We just have to be quick about and before it goes off." she informs him, he exhales and places his hands on his hips, "True." he states and walks out of the alley, but his phone went off again, they stop and answer it, "Check it out, across the street." he informs them and they looked over and saw a blast shard in a man's pocket. "That blast shard's going to be easy picking." Zeke informs him, "Yeah, but it's just one when there a bomb on the other side of this alley with a bunch of blast shards." Cassie informs him.

Cole shrugs, knowing that she had a good point. "There are plenty of other shards, Cole. You don't need to brutalize these people." Kuo informs him and they ran back into the alley, they ran and make a turn then they found the bomb, defused it and then took the shard within it. Then Cassie's phone went off and she answers it, "Hey, you two, you know what, I hit up all my old connections, but the closest I've come to finding Wolfe is Bertrand's interrogator." Kuo informs them, Cassie shot a look at Cole as they walk out of the alley "Now the guy's currently winning it really big at Black Jack, but he should be visiting Wolfe later on. I would tail him myself, but he just hits on me at the bar." Kuo informs him and Cassie just exhales and Cole rubs the back of his neck. "Alright, send me the casino's location. I can follow from the rooftops and he'll never see us. People don't look up." Cole informs her and Kuo just exhales with relief. "Good call," she informs him and Cassie hung up and they both ran down the sidewalk.