"What self- I thought I deleted that?" Asked Carmen.

"Turns out that Player has a copy of it"

"I really need to get rid of that. Player knows how to use Photoshop and I don't want my photo to become more embarrassing than it already is." Carmen said.

"I don't think you could make it more cringy than it already is." Ivy teased.

"Hey! We've all done embarrassing things when we were younger." Carmen said, defensively.

"Like you should be the one to talk, Ivy. I can still remember the trashy bands you used to listen to!" Zack snapped.

This made them all start teasing each other about who was more embarrassing. Eventually, they were catching their breath since they were laughing too hard.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Shadowsan sat up in bed. What is that noise, he thought. He checked his alarm clock, it was 12:04 a.m.. They lived in San Diego, but in their area, people weren't usually out on the streets at this time. That meant that it had to have come from inside HQ. The noise didn't stop. Can I never get any sleep here?

He slipped on his sandals and headed for the door. He thought about bringing his sword, but he knew from experience that it usually gave the wrong message, especially if someone was just getting a midnight snack. If in the incredibly rare case that someone did actually break into HQ(and got past the security), he didn't need a sword to take them out.

He silently crept through the hallways, trying to locate the source of the sound. He was surprised to find that it was coming from Ivy's room. He knocked on the door but opened it anyways. Inside he found...
Zack, Ivy, and Carmen all staring at him.

Children. They never sleep and neither do they let anyone else sleep.
"Why are you all staring at me? It is you who are making so much noise. You should all be in your own rooms." He grumbled.

Zack spoke first. "Oh man, can't you let us have a sleepover over this one time? We promise to keep it down!"

"Please?" Ivy asked.

Sleepovers. He used to have those when he was a young child. They were some of his fondest memories.

"Fine" Shadowsan said. He grumbled something about how youth act these days and was about to leave when Carmen asked him:

"Do you want to join us? We were about to tell stories."

That stopped him in his tracks. He didn't show it but he had actually enjoyed telling Black Sheep Japanese legends when she was little. Why not?, he thought.

"I have some Japanese legends I could tell" Shadowsan offered.

Carmen's face lit up. "Like the ones you used to tell me when I was a kid!"

Ivy climbed into her bed while Zack and Carmen climbed into their sleeping bags. Shadowsan grabbed the desk chair and sat down. "Long ago, a young man was coming home from working in the fields when........"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just as he finished his story, Shadowsan saw that the three were fast asleep. He quietly made his way to the door and closed it behind him.

Walking back to his room, he couldn't help but feel as if he had accidentally adopted three kids(four including Player). How did he feel about that?

He felt as if he had finally found a family where he belonged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1129

Author's Note: I finally published this! I meant to publish this a few days ago but I got sick. This was a wild chapter for me to write since after I finished writing, I completely deleted the whole chapter and Wattpad wouldn't let me undo it. So I wrote this whole thing from all from my memory in 2(3?) sleep-deprived hours. Feedback is welcomed!