The Beast Hunters

An odd yet comforting smell filled the tall human's nose as he slowly gained his consciousness back. 'Was it all a dream? Did I simply fall asleep in those woods?' He questioned himself til he shifted to look at his surrounding. His eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

He layed there in the middle of no where. His back was turned to a giant rock,seemingly dropped down from the cliff a good 100 meters above him. He slowly sat up,watching the same black particles he saw before he fell into the pond fly around the air and disappear ones the reached the shadows.

A few giant trees poked up to the sky in front of him, giving him the same feeling he had before it all happened. The dark starless sky above him seemed empty and sad to him yet confusing. Why weren't there any stars?

Just then he looked towards the with glowing goo filled lantern that was placed beside him and eventually realized the giant piece of fabric he was laying on. It was some kind of orange or maybe that was just the light radiated by the lantern yet comfortable.

His mind was filled with questions like where he was,why he was there and what happened and is happening. Though the most important thing was who gave it to him. He stood up,wanting to look around even though he was scared to do so.

He looked at the lantern,questioning himself whether he should take it with him or not but came to the conclusion to leave it there in case the owner might need it back.

He took a few steps til suddenly a loud 'bang' noise echoed through the surrounding. Startled yet worried he went a few steps further before a bright line suddenly shot past him,barely missing his throat. He yelped to his surprise and fear and fell back.

He then heard how slow footsteps approached him til a rather short male came around the corner,carrying some sort of crossbow and a lantern just like the one I woke up next to. "Sorry for startling you but I have no intention on carrying you for any time more than I already did." He said sounding rather condescending towards him.

His heart beated wildly while the smaller just walked past him and picked the fabric up. While the smaller tied the fabric around his torso. Just then the smaller looked at him,giving him an opportunity to look at him more properly.

He wore baggy yet short pants with a lantern hooked to it. Beneath the large peace of fabric he tied around his torso was a rather tight neck holder which looked like it was partially shredded. His face was half covered by some sort of bandage or neckerchief which was tied together at the top of his head. His face seemed to be black/red/yellowish but seemed awfully pale.

Just then he realized that he was speaking to him. "Human,are you hearing me or did the dust rot your ears away?" "H-huh? Yes?" He looked up at the smaller,not knowing what he said. "Wow how can the eldest be scared of such a dumb species..I asked what your name is or do you want me to call you human?" "O-Oh! It's Russia!"

The smaller male looked down at him then trailed off towards the few trees.
"Get up..!" The one now known as Russia got up confusedly and approached the smaller realizing how small he actually was. "Why did you want me to get up?" The smaller hushed him and quickly gave the lantern that was laying on the ground til he picked it up to Russia.

He took Russia's free hand and pulled him away from the seemingly safe rock and towards the darkness. "Come!" He silently ordered while he resumed running along the trees. Russia followed clueless yet scared though he knew he'd be even more scared if the smaller one wouldn't be with him.