The Drop

"Run"
That was all he could hear over his footsteps on crackling Autumn leaves and his heavy breathing. Who?
Who knows. How this all started?

♤○♤○♤○♤○Time rewind○♤○♤○♤○♤

A simple white/blue/red flagged country was send out to collect wood by his elder brother. Yet he wasn't happy with always having to go out in the rather cold autumn temperatures not to mention the time. "Why must I always be the one going out at 10pm to collect firewood?!" He complained and glared down at his elder yet shorter brother. "Because you always claim to be the strongest and sportiest! -and because I'm too lazy to leave the house.." He added with a slight chuckle and pointed to the door. "Now go or father will give us both trouble when he comes home!" The elder ordered and the younger sighed,obviously not wanting to go out this late but he had no choice. He grasped for the biggest bag he saw which was a simple large black sports bag and just exited the house. 'The sooner it's done the sooner I can return' He thought to himself and started to make his way to the wood's entrance. Usually they wouldn't have to go to the woods to collect woods but the axe they used to chop down dead trees was destroyed by his elder brother a month ago and still wasn't replaced with a new one.

The eery feeling that something will happen in the deepest woods were no one could hear him crawled up his mind as the woods' pitch black entrance now was right in front of him. He did claim to be brave and strong but usually chickened out when it came to any sort of horror. A deep breath filled his body with air which soon was pressed out as he finally stepped forward. He walked on and on and on til he eventually got past the wetened part of the woods were the dead trees didn't provide enough shelter from the rain. Why couldn't he just collect some wet sticks and dry them off at home? Why did they have to be fresh and dry?

He eventually turned to look back at the house yet wasn't able to see even the slightest bit of light anymore. The trees above his head still had all their leaves and grew so close to each other that they prevented the moonlight from shining down at the bushes,shorter trees and him. Clueless of where the path was,he just turned around again and walked on,collecting a few dry thick sticks here and there.

Even after about an hour of walking the bag wasn't even half full. He leaned against a tree and slowly let himself slide down til his lower half was now placed on the ground to give his legs a little break. He looked around,noticing that his eyes seemed to be used to the dark by now and yet he still wasn't able to see clearly. Even though the surrounding was awfully scary to him he still enjoyed the sounds of the woods. The rushing of the trees and the nighttime bugs made up a harmonious atmosphere til a strong wind blew the dead leaves past him and caused the trees to give off eery whistles almost sounding like distant screaming.

He shuddered at the sudden change of atmosphere and quickly got up to get going again. The further he went the worse the trees looked. By then he wasn't even taking attention to collecting wood more so trying to not touch any of the trees. He knew it was the same kind of trees he walked past just about half an hour ago but those were perfectly healthy. These trees seemed like they've been dumped into toxic chemicals and planted back into the ground. Loud creaking noises echoed through the woods as the wind grew harsher and tossed leaves and sticks around.

"That's it..I'm going back." He mumbled,about to turn around. Just then he heard a hushed voice whispering something to him,causing him to quickly turn to it's direction to simply see nothing. His heartbeat quickened dramatically as the voice returned now telling him to-
"Run"

He gasped and quickly did what he was told to do. He didn't care were he was running. All he wanted was to be away from those eery woods. Each woods have an end right? If he'd just keep running he should eventually come out at some point right? Yet no matter how long he already ran the seemingly endless amount of trees did not disappear. He slowed down til he eventually stopped next to a rather normal looking tree to catch his breath and looked around cautiously. Suddenly a massive force was brought upon him. It felt like a god of some sort would be pushing all their power down at him. Yet he wasn't physically hurt. More so mentally.

He quickly pushed himself away from the tree and resumed running away from whatever that odd force was. The voices returned and kept telling him to run. They grew harsher and harsher the quicker he ran,his feet feeling like he was about to collapse. His whole body burned,his breath was quick and sharp and his heartbeat practically was one never ending beat as everything suddenly disappeared. No mental forces. No voices. Just the oddly glowing trees. He turned to look back the way he came from yet resumed walking backwards. Nothing to be seen other than a few black particles flying around in his vision.

He suddenly felt how his heel wetened causing him to turn around again,now standing in front of a clear pond. The water seemed to shimmer in multiple beautiful colors,making it look like a giant diamond. The only thing bothering him at this sight was the odd black mist that seemed to come from it and was blown away by the wind again. Just then the wind gave him a harsh push,causing him to drop into the lake.

His breath was immediately taken by now shining water. He sunk down into the depth of the pond,not being able to even move as the temperature sunk the more his body sunk. His vision blackened as everything around him faded to nothingness along with his body.

He woke up from his unconsciousness,finding himself in an unknown surrounding. His whole body was burning like acid was etching his skin away. Just like the rest of his body his lungs burned more and more with each breath he took. He just layed there,not knowing where nor how that all happened due to his sight being awfully damaged by whatever was around him. He tried to pull everything together and called out,trying to get someone's attention. His sight eventually went black as he figured this would be the last breath he drew but it wasn't. A faint light appeared in the distance and quickly approached him. By then he lost his conciousness ones more,now only being an empty body. The light eventually reached the unconscious male and turned out to be an other,way shorter Male. He looked down at him,examining his body,smell and his appearance in general. "A..human..?"

The smaller hooked the with oddly glowing goo filled lantern to the hem of his pants,not really caring about the weight that pulled the hem of his pants down to his waste. He then knelt down to pick up the unconscious body. Even though he was rather short and thin his muscles still showed rather well.
"What should I do with it..?"