Chapter 2 - Blood

Start from the beginning

Then, it felt like all my emotions hit me at once. My fears, my shock, my uncertainties, my pain... It all flooded out of me as I began to sob.

Sure, I've seen people get shot. I've seen blood before. I've seen a lot. Being the daughter of the Don has those perks of such a lifestyle. But never have I watched someone die. Never have I watched the life leave someone's eyes. Never have I held a dying person in my hands. Never have I held a dead person in my hands.

Instinctively, my hands lifted to my mouth in an attempt to silence another sob. As I felt the connection of my wet hand to my face, I actualized the blood that was all over my lips. A small pained moan sounded from deep within my throat as I tried wiping my mouth with the back of my arm, the blood smearing up my forearm.

I needed to move. Fucking move, Elena! But my body remained completely motionless. It was as if my body was entirely detached from my mind at this very moment.

With shaking hands, I slowly took my phone out of my pocket. I swiped it open and began scrolling through my contacts. There was only one person I wanted by my side right now. Only one person who would know what to do, but understand the situation enough to know I don't want to talk about it or have anybody else in the family know.

I clicked on the name and watched as the network began dialing the number. I could hear the ringing tone from the other side as I gently placed the phone to my ear, quivering against it with some blood transferring itself onto the side of my face and hair. It took a few more rings before their voice came through, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Elena, what's up? It's pretty late! Please don't tell me you are partying up a storm; your brother told me what happened earlier on. I am so sorry you have a dick for a sibling and-"

"Sierra?" My shaky voice croaked as I cut her off, followed by a slight sob.

"Elena!? What's wrong, Elle? Talk to me!"

I remained silent, struggling to get any more words out.

"He..."

"Where are you? Send me your location. I will be there... Alone."

With that, she ended the call. That was the thing with Sierra. She knew. She knew so well when I needed her and only her. She knew when I couldn't trust anybody else but her. Since we met, we grew unbelievably close. There was just a connection between us and to find out she was the one for my brother all along... It was like heaven sent her to this family for a reason.

I shared my location coordinates with her contact number then dropped the phone on the ground as I brought my legs into me, hugging them tightly against my chest while staring at his discolored face.

Soon after, I heard the revving of my brother's Aston Vantage AMR as it pulled up to the side of the pavement. My heart began to race, wondering why his car is here instead. Did he catch Sierra leaving? Does he know what's happening here?

I saw Sierra hop out of the driver's side, slamming the door then running the rest of the way towards me. She began slowing down as she came closer, her eyes scanning the situation before her. She knelt in front of me, her hand on my knees.

"Elena, what happened here?"

I couldn't look at her. My mind could only do one thing at a time right now. And at this moment it was fixated on my brother's car being here, the fear of him knowing what happened sinking further in.

Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Sierra's gaze follow mine. She then placed her hand on my arm, my body flinching slightly.

"He doesn't know where I am, Elena. He's with Tino and his car was faster." She put my mind at ease without me telling her I required it.