Chapter 7: An Unexpected Rescue

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you should stop expecting me to know or even care where they are!" Shadow snapped, having Sonic halt in his tracks in intimidation of the ebony hedgehog's anger.

"Alright, you don't have to be such a heart case," Sonic replied.

Shadow growled slightly in response before he continued walking, nearly stomping with every step and Sonic continued following him, deciding to stay silent to avoid further irritating the Ultimate Lifeform. Once they sneaked out of the base, it was nighttime and an owl hooted from a distance, Sonic looking up at the sky, the moon was full and the stars sparkled like a diamond in the sunshine before the azure hedgehog felt his arm being yanked as Shadow dragged him behind a tree, keeping his grip on his arm while Orbot could be seen outside with two other Badniks, the three of them talking as Sonic's ear flickered to hear what they were saying.

"Have you found Team Sonic and that blue masked freak?" Orbot questioned them.

"No, after Metal Sonic ambushed them but not without inflicting a few wounds on them, they escaped, he also mentioned that the blue masked turtle called Leonardo used some kind of sorcery to help escape." One of the Badniks replied.

"Just our luck, we have a sorcerer turtle on the loose, let's go inform Eggman immediately about this matter," Orbot replied before heading inside the base with the two Badniks following close behind him.

"Good riddance to those pathetic turtles," Shadow mumbled before he started to walk away while releasing his hold on Sonic's arm.

"Where are you going?" Sonic asked him.

"None of your business," Shadow replied.

"Okay what the heck's your deal?! First you attacked me and my friends including the turtles, then you broke me out of Eggman's base and now you're just gonna walk away?" Sonic questioned while crossing his arms.

"Your friends are still alive, that much is obvious, therefore you can go back to them for all I care," Shadow replied.

"Now hang on, I'm not going anywhere without an explanation as to why you helped me," Sonic said as he zoomed in front of Shadow to block his path. "I mean when the heck are you going to decide who's side your on?" He questioned the ebony hedgehog.

"I'm on nobody's side, so unless you want a worse beating than last time, you'll move aside right now." Shadow threatened.

"Excuse me I was tortured by a crazy jackal for six months, ambushed by an insane robot version of myself, and was supposedly killed by a crystal double of you, don't see why you could be any worse," Sonic replied.

"Dang someone's been through a lot." A familiar gruff voice said.

Sonic and Shadow both looked around in confusion before the four Turtles, Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey all jumped down from the trees and Shadow growled, curling his hands into fists while glaring at them, earning Leo to glare daggers at him before turning his attention back to Sonic.

"Now I know I'm not the only one who likes to climb trees," Sonic commented, a bit surprised that the Turtles were hiding in the trees.

"That creepy robot identical to you wounded the others so we were planning on breaking you out until you came out with edgelord here," Raph explained to him, pointing to Shadow at the end of his sentence.

"Pleasure meeting you again freak," Shadow grumbled.

"Hold up, why are you out here with him anyways?" Donnie asked Sonic.

"Shadow kind of beat you guys here to help me escape," Sonic answered him.

"But why?" Raph questioned.