Chapter 8: Seeking Sonic

Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey all made it back to Amy's house where she including the others were at as the pink hedgehog glanced up from looking at the ground and smiled, though her smile faded when she didn't see Sonic with them at all and glanced behind the Turtles, still not seeing any traces of him.

"Where's Sonic?" Amy asked them.

The Turtles glanced around, panicked looks on their faces once they realized that the blue hedgehog was gone while Leo could feel his heart pounding in fear for his new friend's safety.

"He was behind us a second ago," Raph told Amy.

"You mean to tell me you four lost a blue hedgehog?" Amy questioned in irritation.

"Hey in case you haven't noticed, it's nighttime out here and we turtles don't exactly have night vision or a type of power to sense when someone runs off," Raph replied to her.

"Easy Raph," Leo said to Raph while putting his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Don't worry Amy, we'll go back and search for Sonic all night if we have to, and we're not stopping until he's found." He said to Amy in determination.

"Let us come with you then, it'll be easier to find Sonic." Tails said to the Turtles.

"Then we'll split up to make it easier, Raph go with Knuckles, Donnie with Sticks, Mikey with Tails, and I'll go with Amy." Leo declared. "If any of you gets in trouble with Eggman or Shadow, don't hesitate to call for back-up, got it?" He said to them, earning everyone to nod in response.

With that said, the Turtles and Team Sonic all headed in the direction towards Eggman's base to find their missing friend.

Leo jumped from one tree to another while Amy stayed on the ground, both of them glancing around to spot Sonic anywhere.

"See him, Amy?" Leo asked the pink hedgehog.

"Nothing down here, how about you up there Leo?" Amy replied.

Leo glanced around, making sure to take in every detail to not miss one small thing that could help him and Amy find Sonic, not spotting anything until he saw something glowing for a second, this alone having the blue masked turtle tilt his head in confusion before he screwed his eyes to get a better look, only for them to widen once he recognized the piece of blue metal. It was Metal Sonic.

"See anything?" Amy called to him.

"More like someone," Leo replied before jumping tree to tree before he jumped down in the clearing. "Seems like Metal had some trouble getting Sonic back to Eggman." He observed as Amy stood beside him.

Amy followed Leo's gaze and immediately raised her hammer to attack, but Leo stopped her by putting his arm up and approached Metal Sonic, hand on the handle of his katana in case the robotic doppelganger of Sonic was pretending he had shut down. Leo stood closer to Metal Sonic only to see that he was in pieces with his arms and legs ripped from his torso, his head still attached to the torso and Leo carefully rolled the Badnik on his back, seeing that the usual red robotic eyes that light up on his black screen was gone, which meant that he was destroyed, but not by Sonic.

"At least we know Metal won't be bugging us," Amy commented.

"Yeah but... Look at these burnt marks," Leo said while pointing at the said marks on Metal Sonic's head. "Someone with some sort of electricity powers did this to him." He inquired.

"There's only one someone who can destroy Metal with that kind of power," Amy said, earning Leo to glance up at her. "Shadow." She told him.

'Why am I not surprised, of course Shadow would be searching for something to be his punching bag.' Leo thought to himself.