Scream

I dunno who screamed but it was enough for my wolf to push me completely over the edge in order to take charge, the next thing I knew my bones broke and formed in different places snapping into place, I had shifted.

Everything was blurry for me, my wolf was in control and she was trying to block me out as I heard paws pad against the floor, running, then wood breaking with a loud clash of glass.

I dunno where Scorn was all I remember was him waking up from the scream.

My wolf ran for a while till our lungs were burning begging us for air, I could feel pain ripple throughout my body from a couple different places from where we had got cut by glass earlier.

She then gave me control.

It was dark out, nearly pitch black. If it weren't for my night vision I wouldn't have been able to see Fay sitting on the ground holding her mate her face was tear stained and she was covered in ashes from her mates clothes and blood...lots of it.

Then realization hit me, he was gone. And the searing pain she felt in her heart right in that moment would never go away.

My heart dropped for her, the girl I had once seen as bubbly and energetic was now reduced to tears sobbing over her mate.

I let out a soft whine not knowing what to do as my wolf pushed me forward.

I nudged her side gently with my snout showing her I wasn't a threat. She looked at me with pain in her eyes. There was a fire in her eyes I hadn't seen before too.

She let out another sob her whole body trembling from the immense pain she felt. I shifted back and rubbed her back in an attempt to soothe her but she just kept crying.

Thirty minutes had passed before Scorns dark furred wolf had tracked me down looking at me with worry nudging me gently, then his face fell looking at his dead beta.

I knew then that someone was going to die.

◇◇◇

Scorn let out a low whine then a growl looking to Fay as she slowly stopped crying looking at Scorn probably talking through mind link.

I stood up a scent making my stomach turn, something that I hadn't smelt in three years. I felt nauseous, my head spun, and my eyes watered.

I knew instantly that this wasn't good, I was truly scared.

I froze at the realization shifting back ignoring the pain in my side and shoulder lowering my snout to the ground.

I channelled my wolf while following the scent that was leading further outside of our territory border than we already were.

My head hurt and all the scars I had got three years ago seemed to resurface, they all burned.

I saw snow.
Or at least I thought I did.

So I did the first thing that came to mind.

I ran towards the scent.
Fay ran with me probably having caught onto what I was doing.

I don't think Scorn had noticed really due to the loss of his friend. I would be the same.

After a bit I could hear Scorn howl, signifying death as a couple others joined in.

Then another 15 second howl of worry, telling me to turn back with Fay.

I didn't, I couldn't.

Not at that moment.

I brought this pain to my newly found pack, I brought this disgustingly vile creature here.

They weren't looking to kill the beta they were checking the border and I think Fay knew that, but it wasn't stopping her from helping me on this stupid mission of mine.

They say when a black bear or kodiak tastes human blood, they'll crave it for the rest of their lives.

This is the scenario with the rogue that I'm hunting. Their the ones that scarred me, brought me near to death.

They want revenge, we want vengeance.

Their not stupid enough to attack a pack, this is what they wanted.

The scent got stronger, so I slowed to a walk as did Fay. I could feel the pain and rage flowing off of her in waves.

I think it's because of my position in the pack but I wouldn't know, it was still new.

I knew they were not far ahead. They were waiting. And I planned to at least get that Bitch that did it.

I let out a low whine and barked lightly my wolf signaling Fay's on what we were gonna do.

The Alpha female, of those rogues...

The pack that saved me killed her mate that night three years ago.

She was no where to be seen when her mate was captured and killed, that vile animal deserved it for demanding those wolves to torture me for no reason.

She wanted revenge but I'm pretty sure there was more to it. I am the cause for this, but I won't be the only one to end it.
I'm not being selfish with this mission.

I let out a low howl knowing very well that Scorn could hear me, but probably wouldn't get here in time.

She was alone right now, I couldn't smell any other wolf.

This would be bloody and tonight she would meet her end.

Fay and I had walked into a clearing just as the rouge's scent got very strong.

Her light blonde and white streaked wolf walked out from behind the nearest tree and charged.

◇◇◇

I ran towards her as well, Fay had hid.

Our plan was set.

We collided and I bit at the bitches face repeatedly as she sunk her disgustingly long rotting canines into my shoulder causing me to whine out in pain.

I snapped at her neck making her move back then took the opportunity and sunk my canines into her snout. Not letting go I sunk my canines further in and moved my head from side to side like a tug of war game ripping off fur and skin making her cry out.

I jumped back, her blood dripping from my muzzle and canines as I spat it onto the ground.

Her blood tasted bitter. Dirty pennies and rotting flesh set out in the sun for days. It tasted like an internal disease.

She ran at me as soon as she could mentally recover from the physical damage that I had done to her face. But little did she know that, that's exactly what we wanted her to do.

•••

Fay launched herself from up in a tree landing on top of the rogue snapping her spine as she dug her claws in, stopping the bitch mid-howl.

I watched as Fay clawed up the rogue's body until she was completely unrecognizable, then she ripped off her tail as a souvenir.

I knew she'd come back for her head later.

We went to turn away when fifteen some rogues walked out into the clearing we were in.

"Fuck"... I muttered just as Fay had said, "Well, shit..."

The rogues advanced all at once.

This wasn't gonna be as easy as we initially had thought.

I had put us in danger.

(Word count: 1203