Chapter 21: Wipe Your Tears

Start from the beginning

"So, when do you want to start back school? I'll give you a week actually because I have a big fashion show coming up and I don't want it to mess up anything with school" I said getting the breakfast food out

"That's fine, I didn't know you were a fashion designer" she said quietly putting her hair behind her ear. "Yup, I have my own busy and everything. I came a long way from trouble. Over the years my life has been crazy. Chase and Riley happened around the beginning of my career. It was a pause due to a crazy unwanted experience. Baby girl, no matter what you go through don't let it make you out to be this damage person because all scratches can be covered with a bandage" I said looking at her.

Riley and Kelvin walked into the kitchen being loud and country.

"It's too early for all that yelling" I said mugging them. "Hay mama" he said smiling. "Hi baby" I said kissing his cheek.

"Who this?" He asked while kissing his siblings. "Kelvin, Riley. This is Claire, she will be staying with me permanently. So look at her as my oldest daughter." I said explaining half way.

"Okay cool, what's up I'm Riley. The oldest of the bunch." He said smiling at her. "Hi, I'm Claire" she said nervously. "Welcome to the family baby sis" Riley said smiling and holding Chase. Claire looked up and smiled big for the first time. Jesus I'm going to cry.

"Well I'm Kelvin, the father of this bunch and ex of that beautiful women over there" he said looking at me then back at Claire. I rolled my eyes and put the hash browns in the oven. Dumb ass.

"Hay Kyla, let me talk to you" he said looking at me funny. "Okay, Riley finish the salmon paddies and watch the grits" I said cleaning my hands.

Walking outside to the patio, Kelvin closed the door behind us making sure they couldn't hear us.

"So wassup? Anything happened with the kids?" I said curious. "Nah, nothing like that. That weak ass nigga hitting you? Don't fuckin lie Marie!" He said getting mad. "What? No!" I said looking crazy. "The fuck happened to your neck" he said looking at it. "I went on a dummy mission and almost got killed with Tjaa and Zeekie" I said keeping it short and simple.

"Are you on crack? Cause that the only think I can think of as to why y'all would even do shit like that" he said mugging. "I know Madio already gave me a speech and I'm not looking for forward to another one" I said walking in the house.

An hour later

So it's just me and Claire here, looking at my designs.

"I like this one" she said pointing at my favorite. "Great because I need another model to complete my collection. Are you up for it?" I said smiling. "Sure" she blushed moving her hair out of her face.

The doorbell rung and I jumped up to go answer it.

Looking through the peephole I couldn't see because someone's hand was over it.