The Bubble Tea Predicament || Jungkook (BTS)

You and Jungkook have been housemates for over a year. One night during your usual bubble tea trip, your friendship blossoms into something more. 

------

"You woke me up to ask me that?" 

There was a cheeky smile on the said young man's face as he tilted his head, dark eyes glimmering in amusement as I groaned and turned my head away. I buried myself deeper into my comforter, covering up my face as I did so.

"Piss off, Jungkook." 

"Oh c'mon y/n!" I heard him approach, felt his weight dip down onto the bed. I stiffened. While it was obvious to everyone on campus that I was completely infatuated with my housemate and close friend, Jungkook clearly had no issues in crossing those boundaries like they were nothing but a mere nuisance. Although, I couldn't really blame him for being so oblivious towards my feelings. 

The blanket was suddenly ripped from my grasp and I yelped, gaze flying up in annoyance to gaze straight into his doe brown eyes. They twinkled with mischief, a little boy that got exactly what he always wanted. 

"C'mon," he whined, "I'm just really craving bubble tea." 

"Then go get it," I tugged the blanket towards me, but he didn't let go, only leaned in closer. 

I lurched back as he protested, "but I don't want to go out alone."

"Not. My. Problem." 

He shoved his face under the blanket, so close that I felt warmth blossoming through my cheeks at his mere presence.

"Please?" His lips formed into a pout. His breath was warm. It tickled my face.

And just like that, my resolve crumbled and I found myself shrugging on a coat, struggling to keep up with my best friend's rapid pace through droopy eyelids.

"Wait," I called out to him, "you're going too fast."

He paused, turned when I finally caught up to him, "you and your tiny legs."

"Hey, rude."

A warm hand suddenly engulfed my own, as it did inside my chest, "come on."

Heat sprung through my cheeks but I said nothing as we continued down the street, my hand in his just like any other couple in love, roaming the streets.

"Couldn't you have asked Taehyung or something?" I asked, eyes spotting the familiar yellow neon sign. The whiff of freshly brewed tea made me hum in bliss despite my earlier protests. Trust boba to make everything better.

"I wanted you to come."

I didn't even have time to respond, for he pulled me right into the shop, disrupting any words I had to say and leaving me in a confused state of mind as I followed him into the brightly-lit tea shop. BabbleTea, it was called, a cheap version of the many internationally known bubble tea brands of the world, with cream pastel walls and singular lights dropping from the ceiling to give the place a moodier, cozier vibe. Dark grey couches adorned the sitting area, yellow neon words scribbled across the walls that made it the Instagram wallpaper of every single girl that walked in. 

"What do you want?"

"Hm. Just the original, thanks." 

The waitress took our orders since we were the only ones present, Jungkook swiping his card before I got a chance to pay. I didn't fight him, for I know that only meant that I was paying next time. There was no fuss where buying was concerned. I followed him to the other side of the counter where our drinks were being made.