Eóghan cursed under his breath but resumed pacing. The three males were focused on the chains as the Doctor handled them carefully, warily approaching the bed that housed one of the fiercest Alpha's Europe had seen. She had not bowed to anyone, not even Mother Nature or Death and remained somewhat alive even after three broken bonds and a rejection.

Even the Gods watched in anticipation of the events to unfold.

Doctor Craig regarded his superior. His deep-set eyes hesitant to the pain he knew was about to ensue. "Beta, I'll need you to restrain her right side while I do the left. Her wolf will react to the silver, but I'm not sure how. Usually, they lash out so please watch your distance after securing her."

His attention was caught; eyes swivelling to the uncertainty from the Doctor. A man that had saved thirteen wolves from various ailments, yet Eóghan could see the man was just as lost as he. In that moment, he could see himself in the Doctor: subdued panic, unease and anxiety at the lives at risk from each decision he makes.

With a nod, Eóghan pulled on a pair of gloves and got into position opposite the Doctor. Garth's hackles rose as anticipation swirled the room. All males were primed and ready; the hairs prickling on the back of their necks from the expected violence that would erupt from the feral wolf.

"I'm not looking forward to this..." Angus shot Garth an icy look.

"Then leave. We're not playing around."

With a humph and a shrug of his shoulders, Garth continued, "Remember the last time we had to capture her? She dug her teeth and claws so far into my hide it hit bone. Fucking hell, I don't want a repeat of that."

"That's what the chains are for." The Doctor butted in. "She's tied to the ground rock so there's no budging, just watch your proximity."

Leaning back against the door with a spark of dread within his gaze, Garth became spectator, silencing his wolf's need to be close to his once strong Alpha. "If you say so." He responded, "I'll stay over here where it's safe though."

"Suit yourself."

Angus huffed at the pout that adorned Gath's face. Garth's grouchy demeanour had been lifted, if only slightly by finding Titania but still: hope was a dangerous thing to play around with and these wolves were trying hard to hold the emotion at bay.

The Doctor and Eóghan braced for impact as they lowered the shackles in sync. Eyes wide and breaths held, it took mere milliseconds for the deed to be done.

But their ears were met with silence.

Just the slow beep of the heart monitor alongside the wail of the winds outside.

Even with the stench of the silver burning into her flesh, she did not stir. Unresponsive. Only the movement of the haggled breathing of her chest with each strained breath of air. Ribs seemingly poking through her skin.

It was hard to tell whose expression held the most disappointment. All four sagged with the revelation that she didn't even flinch to the potency of the chains; a sign that might have shown recovery.

For if she stayed unresponsive then her hopes became ever slimmer.

"She's injured, a logical response to the pain. This doesn't mean there's any hope lost...hmm." Doctor Craig mumbled under his breath, pulling out a notebook to document the odd occurrence. It was not often wolves had no response to silver, even in an unconscious state. "How odd..."

Eóghan's hands flew through his unruly hair. "This isn't normal, no...no, no, no, it isn't." He looked to Angus who's eyes homed in on the crazed state of Eóghan's. "Is it?"