"Look, you've been pretty distant since last year. You were never the same since Fina. If Angel is here and she can help you through your issues better than we can, I want to meet her." Jaime says in a serious tone reserved only for the people he cares about.

I look out to the garden and let out a sigh. "Fine."

He finishes his wine as our food arrived and requested another glass. I ordered a simple caesar salad as I figured it's the only food I can eat a whole plate of without vomiting afterward.

"You should try to eat more," Jaime noted. "Ang payat mo na. Parang nawawala na yang dibdib mo."

"Kelan mo pa pinansin dibdib ko?"

"Ngayon?"

"I don't care kung maging flat ako. It doesn't matter that much to me anyway."

"Pano ka makaka-pickup ng chicks niyan?"

"This face?" I ask, my heart out of the topic.

He thinks about it for a moment. "Good point. Anyway, when are you going back into the game? I miss my wingman."

I let out another sigh. He never fails to ask me this question. At first, I just tell him I'll get back to it eventually but as the months passed, I've come to realize I'll never get back to it. I can't imagine myself with someone that isn't Fina.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a flicker of a white dress. I quickly turned to look but found nothing.

"You know, if you don't want to pick up chicks I can just hook you up with someone." Jaime continued, getting my attention back from the garden.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Jaime."

He purses his lips at this but accepts my answer nonetheless.

The waitress returns with his wine. He picks it up and then looked at me like he had a bright idea. "How about I help you with Angel?"

I choked on my salad and look at him. "What made you think I want to be with her?"

"Yung promise niya?"

"Akala ko ba bawal mainlove?"

"Well," he pauses, unsure if he should continue, "you've already fallen in love with Fina. I won't hold it against you if you're moving on to a more...serious relationship."

I laugh. "So, pinapaubaya mo na ako kay Angel? Ganon ba yun?"

"Hindi naman. I'm just saying, if you don't want to go back into the game, maybe you'll be happier if you're in a stable and mature relationship." Jaime explained. "That's all I want, to see my sister happy."

I stare at the lettuce on my plate. There's a grated cheese hanging on the edge of the leaf and I kind of feel like I'm the cheese, dangling on the edge of a cliff. Using my fork, I push the cheese off the lettuce. And then I crushed it.

"Let's talk about something else, please."

Jaime looked like he was expecting my answer. He sips on his wine again, changes the topic, and starts to eat his steak.

After my lunch with Jaime, I returned to the office to continue work. By seven p.m. I pack up my stuff and leave.

I was halfway to my condo when I remembered I need to invite Angel for dinner on Friday. With her losing her cellphone, I'll have to visit her to be able to talk to her. So I turn my car on the next intersection and hoped I remembered the way to her place accurately.

Half an hour later, after the traffic and numerous wrong turns, I found myself in front of Angel's aunt's house. I park my car and locked it, making sure the alarms are on since I passed a few curious looks.