Chapter thirteen - In which you start training with Loki

Start from the beginning

He paused before answering.

"I miss being free there."

There was the sympathy again. It was hard not to show it, you guessed that he probably hated it even more than you did.

Eventually you sat talking for at least another half an hour while you drank your drink before you were interrupted by Bruce, who gave you a funny look when he entered the room.

"Hey." you said, when he didn't speak.

"Good morning Y/N. Loki."

Loki looked up, shocked that he'd acknowledged him.

"We should probably go now, before Tony wakes up and changes his mind about letting me train." you said, standing up and stretching.

"Shouldn't you wait for Thor?" Bruce piped up from the kitchen.

"Will you tell him we've already gone down when he appears?" you asked. Bruce didn't look too pleased at the prospect of you going alone with Loki, who stood up and came to stand next to you.

"I can't use magic until Thor comes down and takes this off." Loki reminded him, holding up a hand to display the metal cuff.

Bruce nodded curtly.

"Be careful Y/N." he said.

"Will do." you replied cheerfully, following Loki, who had already left the room.

"I dislike him." Loki said, the second the elevator doors had closed.

"Thor told me about the... incident." you said, trying not to smile at the intense scowl on his face. You couldn't blame him in all honesty. You'd seen the Hulk in action, it can't have been fun to be on the receiving end of his anger.

"He acts like it didn't happen. It did happen. It hurt." he continued.

You listened to his small rant in silence, still holding back a smile.

The training rooms were empty, luckily, and you headed for the biggest one.

"I have a plan." Loki announced as you leant against the wall.

"Oh? Sounds dangerous." you smiled.

"When Thor takes this cuff off of me, I'm going to teleport away to somewhere I can use my magic properly." he started, stopping when he saw the look on your face.

"Why not here?" you asked, gesturing to the space you were in.

"It's too small in here."

To do what exactly? Is what you wanted to ask, but you didn't.

"Right. And then what?"

"Thor will throw a fit, which unfortunately I won't be present for. You'll have to enjoy that for me." he said, sounding truly disappointed. You smiled.

"And then?"

"I will return, and hopefully he won't tell Stark."

You breathed an internal sigh of relief. You hadn't been sure how the plan was going to end.

"The last part sounds a bit risky, but I'm up for that." you said, trying not to sound relieved.

"I just need to use it. Properly use it. If only for two minutes." he continued, looking wistfully out of the wall window.

"And to get out of here?" you guessed.

"Yes. That too."

You stood in silence for a moment, watching him looking out of the window.